0.3 RC3 Now Available (Win32, OSX, Linux GTK2)

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
mscott

Post by mscott »

stevenhasty wrote:When will we have a Linux build? If I had time to pull the source and compile, I would, but I don't ;-)

Linux GTK2 build is now and should be showing up in the next 10 minutes.
Thunderbirds are Go!
pods

Post by pods »

Why does the linux thunderbird build use GTK2? People have build GTK1 builds and everything seems to be ok. Also, firebird uses GTK1 so you'd think thunderbird would have been GTK1 as well. Seems strange to make firebird GTK1 and thunderbird GTK2 especial when thunderbird is aimed at people that are using firebird.

I'll wait till the GTK1 build comes out, but for the time being, im happy with what ever i've got atm, which i think is .2 :}
oliversl

Post by oliversl »

This is bug # I'm talking about:
http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=200594

oliversl wrote:I still got the bug when pressing the "Junk" toolbar button.
The email is not moved to the Junk folder.
Tested with 2 IMAP accounts. Is the same bug as 1.5rc and it is not in 1.4.1
Seems a regretion to me :-(

Besides of that, great build!
andred

Post by andred »

pods wrote:Why does the linux thunderbird build use GTK2? People have build GTK1 builds and everything seems to be ok. Also, firebird uses GTK1 so you'd think thunderbird would have been GTK1 as well. Seems strange to make firebird GTK1 and thunderbird GTK2 especial when thunderbird is aimed at people that are using firebird.

I'll wait till the GTK1 build comes out, but for the time being, im happy with what ever i've got atm, which i think is .2 :}

Because I'm making the Linux builds and everything else on my box is GTK2. I don't see any point in using an old toolkit which is basically not maintained anymore. You're using bleeding-edge Thunderbird, why should you use an old widget toolkit?
AlexIhrig

Post by AlexIhrig »

@ mscott:
In 0.3 rc3 the attachment dialog (in the options dialog) is shown in english instead of the localized language.
Thunderbird Mail DE: http://www.thunderbird-mail.de
Enigmail OpenPGP [de]: http://enigmail.thunderbird-mail.de/
mscott

Post by mscott »

diePAUSE wrote:@ mscott:
In 0.3 rc3 the attachment dialog (in the options dialog) is shown in english instead of the localized language.

Is it possible those strings did not get localized properly? OH wait, those files had 1.5b locale versions instead of 1.5 in them on the windows build.

The final 0.3 bits will use 1.5 as the locale version for the helper app / attachment panel instead of the erroneous 1.5b RC3 had on windows.
Thunderbirds are Go!
Ponder_Stibbons

Post by Ponder_Stibbons »

mscott wrote:
diePAUSE wrote:@ mscott:

Is it possible those strings did not get localized properly? OH wait, those files had 1.5b locale versions instead of 1.5 in them on the windows build.

The final 0.3 bits will use 1.5 as the locale version for the helper app / attachment panel instead of the erroneous 1.5b RC3 had on windows.

I had some

Code: Select all

locale="1.5a"
in my chrome.rdf of tb-0.3rc3-linux-build:

c:description="This extension adds offline support to Mozilla Thunderbird."
                   c:extension="true"
                   c:settingsURL="chrome://messenger-offline/content/pref-offline.xul"
                   c:localeVersion="1.5a"

c:displayName="Mozilla Application Support"
                   c:author="mozilla.org"
                   c:name="mozapps"
                   c:skinVersion="1.5"
                   c:localeVersion="1.5a">

<RDF:Description about="urn:mozilla:locale:en-US:messenger-offline"

<RDF:Description about="urn:mozilla:locale:en-US:mozapps"
                   c:baseURL="jar:resource:/chrome/en-US.jar!/locale/en-US/mozapps/">

After changing them to locale="1.5". Translation works fine.
May be it can help you to find the strings wich must be changed.
Jabber-Messenger: Ridcully@swissjabber.ch
Rick Mason

Impressed

Post by Rick Mason »

Thanks for your help R@F.

I just realised on re-reading my post that it sounded unduly negative. I'm actually v impressed with Thunderbird. My first impressions suggest that it offers everything I wanted from OE, and given that we're comparing v0.3 with v6.0 that's nothing short of amazing. Plus, of course, TB has a commitment to improvement, which is doubtful at best from M$.

I actually tried the -p option but didn't realise all those options were there under "Create..." before. I'll try messing around with creating a new profile and transferring my stuff tomorrow. It'd be useful to be able to move an existing one, but that's probably not a development priority.

As for the other problem with getting mail, I just tried again and it seemed to work fine. Maybe the net connection was just clogged or something last time. <shrug>
R@F

Re: Impressed

Post by R@F »

Rick Mason wrote:Thanks for your help R@F.

I just realised on re-reading my post that it sounded unduly negative. I'm actually v impressed with Thunderbird. My first impressions suggest that it offers everything I wanted from OE, and given that we're comparing v0.3 with v6.0 that's nothing short of amazing. Plus, of course, TB has a commitment to improvement, which is doubtful at best from M$.

I actually tried the -p option but didn't realise all those options were there under "Create..." before. I'll try messing around with creating a new profile and transferring my stuff tomorrow. It'd be useful to be able to move an existing one, but that's probably not a development priority.

As for the other problem with getting mail, I just tried again and it seemed to work fine. Maybe the net connection was just clogged or something last time. <shrug>

Make sure you keep the /mail subfolder of your profile. Try to overwrite the folder the new profile will create (assuming the same accounts) and see what happens.
Äkiidoll

Re: Impressed

Post by Äkiidoll »

Rick Mason wrote:Thanks for your help R@F.

Maybe this would be worthwhile looking into for profile issues
as well.
Mozilla Backup is a utility for creating backup of Mozilla profiles.
It allows you to backup mail, favorites, contacts, etc. It works
under Windows 98 or higher. It will also repair profile, so back
up everthing you want saved, as its most likely gonna
re-write some files in your profile when you run this utility
in the "Repair" mode.
http://backup.jasnapaka.com/

Geck0 r0cks

Extension Manager for Thunderbird
A prisoner of Christ Jesus, by His stripes I was healed
Enlightenment

Post by Enlightenment »

I see a new build (dated 14 October) is out, any improvements/bug fixes?
Check out my website for FreeBSD related tutorials: www.fluffles.net/computers/freebsd (in Dutch)
brownm1970

Post by brownm1970 »

The major flail-ex about where the builds are located not withstanding.....

Did I do something wrong on the install of the latest RC or why am I seeing Mozilla Thunderbird 0.1 (20030723) when I do a "help/about"? Did I actually get 0.3?

Thanks.
eturnal

No you didn't get 0.3 RC3 - but here it is...

Post by eturnal »

brownm1970 wrote:The major flail-ex about where the builds are located not withstanding.....

Did I do something wrong on the install of the latest RC or why am I seeing Mozilla Thunderbird 0.1 (20030723) when I do a "help/about"? Did I actually get 0.3?

Thanks.

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=28526

There is the Link for you... I sure hope that helps... I'm sorry you got mixed up - and it's so very easy to do around in these forums, because they put various things all over the place, and only certain items on the Mozilla.org Home Page, and in the Forum, in the Builds Category, alot of people make "their own" - so, then, that makes it even more confusing to a newer person... So, thought I would attempt to help before you got frustrated and left wondering what happened? Even though you did that already...

But, the Link I gave you "is" the very latest 0.3 Release Candidate 3 - However, the FINAL 0.3 is due out either very late tonight or tomorrow probably, along with the Firebird 0.7 Final and the Mozilla 1.5 Suite Final - they wanted to all ship/release the same date!!! So - just wanted to let you in on that as well, so in case you wanted to wait another few hours for the actual "final" of 0.3 - and get ALL the bugs that they are possibly gonna put into it done - you could make that choice yourself...

I truly hope I helped, at least a little, good luck, and enjoy Thunderbird, it's awesome!!!

Eturnal
:)
Äkiidoll

0.3 final?

Post by Äkiidoll »

I just hit the 10-08-03 link.
Its showing a file dated 10-14-03.
Is this 0.3 final I stumbled onto?
Psssst--Scott? ;)
A prisoner of Christ Jesus, by His stripes I was healed
brownm1970

Confuzed

Post by brownm1970 »

Hmmmm. I've found three copies of the file, they all hash out to the following:

MD5: D77BE9BC436C469F4FE2616AAC44D503
SHA1: 93F33E6ADDD8D95E47F92459A7A4E964B67D040A
RIPEMD: 10C8781FDEA81AA60402EF44E35B34EA3F61C5F9

This is what is showing me 0.1 under help/about. I wonder if I didn't do a complete install correctly, although it did show 0.2 after I installed that. Odd.

Perhaps if one was to put 0.3RC3 in the filename it would be a bit clearer.
Not trying to pick a fight or be overly critical.
I use TB exclusively for IMAP and POP accounts. (would use it for webmail if I could....)