0.3 RC3 Now Available (Win32, OSX, Linux GTK2)

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
raekwon

Post by raekwon »

AGSHender

Post by AGSHender »

I wonder if it's possible that the reorganization of the mozilla.org FTP directory has also done some sort of auto negotiation with a close mirror? You know, logging in redirects you to a mirror and not the main site? That's the only thing that I can think of where different people accessing the FTP site were getting different directory structures. Maybe then the mirrors haven't updated fully?

Now when I try mscott's download link, FB just sits there waiting, no longer a missing directory or file error like I got last night when I tried it. The links I posted all still work for me.

/stumped about the FTP sites, but has the new build of Thunderbird so he's not complaining too much?

Edit: Yup, that's got to be it. When I connect to ftp.mozilla.org in my FTP client, it waits about 5-10 seconds then I get a welcome message from an Oregon State University FTP mirror. I guess we're all getting connected to different mirrors around the country when we go there. That must explain it.
Äkiidoll

Post by Äkiidoll »

Jeff_pony wrote:http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/thunderbird/nightly/2003-10-08-1.5/

This link worked for me..... :?

Jeff_pony your link is a gooo! :p
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/thunderbird/nightly/2003-10-08-1.5/

There is a New Extension Manager for Thunderbird
Home page:http://quickmanager.mozdev.org/
ScreenShots:http://quickmanager.mozdev.org/screenshots.html
Prays he builds one for Mozilla/MozillaFirebird.
Bijugc built a beautiful extension! :p

Geck0 r0cks

Mozilla Thunderbird 0.3 (20030924)
Aebrahim O1 G7 http://pryan.org/firebird/aebrahim/
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.5b) Gecko/20030903 Firebird/0.6.1+
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.4.1) Gecko/20030906
Last edited by Äkiidoll on October 9th, 2003, 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A prisoner of Christ Jesus, by His stripes I was healed
csogilvie

Post by csogilvie »

Earlier I was getting oregonstate (when I posted originally), about 5 mins ago I got one reporting as ftp.mozilla.org and just there I got one with no obvious identification.
Colin S. Ogilvie
XeF6

Post by XeF6 »

Downloaded OK from ftp.mozilla.org/pub....

Works OK as well :) Engmail all works after being reinstalled and the qute plus Nitpick theme seems ok too.
Mad Maks

found the problem with the localization

Post by Mad Maks »

Scott and others

since the RC build is it possible to use a .xpi file to install a language pack but there was one problem: some buttons (like cansel, < back, finisch) did not use the translation :-(

The problem is that most of the files pointed to in the chrome.rdf has localversion 1.5 but some (the different files whit global...) has localversion 1.5b.

we have to give our language pack version 1.5 (or it will not work) and the programme uses the highest version (it looks like it) so for the global files it still uses the english one :-(

the solution for me now was to replace the text 1.5b with 1.5 in the chrome.rdf, simple :-)

But why doesn't have everything in the windows zip the same version number, that would make everething mutch easer.

Greeting
MM
Thunderbird NL
Mozilla Thunderbird NL 0.8
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.3) Gecko/20040911 Firefox/0.10.1
windows 2000 /linux (linspire)
Äkiidoll

Post by Äkiidoll »

XeF6 wrote:Downloaded OK from ftp.mozilla.org/pub....

Works OK as well :) Engmail all works after being reinstalled and the qute plus Nitpick theme seems ok too.

I use Sboulema revise of Qute Nitpick, its pretty sweet. :p
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=23231

Geck0 r0cks

Mozilla Thunderbird 0.3 (20030924)
Aebrahim O1 G7 http://pryan.org/firebird/aebrahim/
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.5b) Gecko/20030903 Firebird/0.6.1+
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.4.1) Gecko/20030906
A prisoner of Christ Jesus, by His stripes I was healed
mscott

Re: found the problem with the localization

Post by mscott »

Mad Maks wrote:Scott and others

since the RC build is it possible to use a .xpi file to install a language pack but there was one problem: some buttons (like cansel, < back, finisch) did not use the translation :-(

The problem is that most of the files pointed to in the chrome.rdf has localversion 1.5 but some (the different files whit global...) has localversion 1.5b.

we have to give our language pack version 1.5 (or it will not work) and the programme uses the highest version (it looks like it) so for the global files it still uses the english one :-(

the solution for me now was to replace the text 1.5b with 1.5 in the chrome.rdf, simple :-)

But why doesn't have everything in the windows zip the same version number, that would make everething mutch easer.

Greeting
MM

That's a bug. Which files show 1.5b for you instead of 1.5? I'll change them if you point them out.

(Edit: I just found some in toolkit which I checked in a fix for. Final 0.3 bits will have those fixed)
Thunderbirds are Go!
yendor

Post by yendor »

Nice build. Seems responsive and pretty clean. Memory usage still seems to make it to 70 odd megs after reading an email or two but I can't remember a build that didn't do that so I guess thats not to critical.

Wow I just re-read this and realized how sarcastic it sounds. Didnt really mean it to.
Username

Post by Username »

Very frustrating.

I d'loaded and installed this build. Same profile as I'd been using before, with "Leave messages on server" checked on both accounts.

This build seems to have removed those check marks and d'loaded everything, removing it from the servers.

This happen to anyone else?
eturnal

Known - Been changed since 9-17-03 build of 0.3a

Post by eturnal »

Username wrote:Very frustrating.

I d'loaded and installed this build. Same profile as I'd been using before, with "Leave messages on server" checked on both accounts.

This build seems to have removed those check marks and d'loaded everything, removing it from the servers.

This happen to anyone else?

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=25470

See the Link above - This is the Link for the Post 'mscott' posted for the 0.3a 9-17-03 build of Thunderbird - and if you'll look at his #3 on that post - you'll see where he specifically mentions that 0.3 is now ready and stable enough for users to be able to 'not' have to have their mail remain on the server "by default" - and that IF they wish to have it that way still - that they'll need to set it that way theirselves... You can 'still' set it how you wish to have it!!!

Just trying to be helpful, honestly, possibly you didn't catch this post...

Eturnal
:)
fishbert

Post by fishbert »

Does Thunderbird also check for new messages on start-up by default? People wouldn't be able to get into the program to tell it to leave the messages on the server before it tries to download their messages and delete them from the server. Not sure if that's the way things are; but I hope not.

Personal opinion: leaving messages on the server by default is safer in terms of not pissing off users who want their messages kept on the server, and is an easy setting to disable if you don't. Messages are hard to put back on the server if they're accidentally downloaded and removed.
mistersixt

Post by mistersixt »

Does anybody know when a Linux version will be available of RC3?

Thanks in advance, Jomo.
Cajun_Man

Post by Cajun_Man »

I pulled the source from the THUNDERBIRD_0_3_BRANCH yesterday morning after I saw this post that the WIndows version was RC3. So I am assuming that the one I built on Linux will have the same things as the Windows one currently availabe to download.

I've noticed a couple of things that happen differently from when I pulled and compiled before.

1st, I have my Inbox set to Thread and sort by subject. In the previous RC2 version I had it set so after it got the mail it would expand all the threads. So next time I start thunderbird and it gets the mail all threads are expanded.

But the one I compiled Thursday morning, everytime I start it the threads are closed. I hit the * key to expand them, but it won't remember that the next time I start it.

2nd after I get the mail, it doesn't sort it. Even if I go to another folder and back it still isn't sorted by Subject. I have to go to View/Sort by Subject then it'll sort the threads and nonthreads by Subject.

RC2 used to sort them by subject when downloading. But RC3 I have to manually sort after it is done.
Username

Post by Username »

Hi there, eturnal. :-)

I did see that post and, although I disagree with it as a design issue for reasons similar to what fishbert stated, I understood that it would be the application behaviour moving forward.

Having said that, I expected the "Options" for each Account to be stored in my user profile.

My assumption was that any new account I created would have the new default behaviour (e.g. remove messages from server) ... but I expected that the setting would remain unchanged when I used my old profile with my old accounts already configured to "leave messages on the server".

Either I was mistaken and that setting is stored in the actual program directory, or the new version made a change to my profile settings without asking me.

Either way, it was frustrating. :-)