Can't send mail to mailing lists

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
holy_saiyan1

Can't send mail to mailing lists

Post by holy_saiyan1 »

I'm currently running Thunderbird 51.01a (2016-08-16), but this problem occurs in at least 51.01a (2016-08-13), too.

At some point over the last week or week and a half, I lost the ability to send email to mailing lists by typing the list's name into the "to" field on an email. When I type the list's name into the "to" field, the list will auto-complete, but the "Send" button will be greyed out.

Now, it seems the only way I can send mail to a mailing list is by selecting the list in the Address Book and hitting the "write" button.

Is this a bug or normal operation? Is it possible to restore the previous functionality?
tanstaafl

Re: Can't send mail to mailing lists

Post by tanstaafl »

Moved from Thunderbird Support to Thunderbird Builds since the problem doesn't occur with a release build.
holy_saiyan1

Post by holy_saiyan1 »

holy_saiyan1 wrote:I'm currently running Thunderbird 51.01a (2016-08-16), but this problem occurs in at least 51.01a (2016-08-13), too.

At some point over the last week or week and a half, I lost the ability to send email to mailing lists by typing the list's name into the "to" field on an email. When I type the list's name into the "to" field, the list will auto-complete, but the "Send" button will be greyed out.

Now, it seems the only way I can send mail to a mailing list is by selecting the list in the Address Book and hitting the "write" button.

Is this a bug or normal operation? Is it possible to restore the previous functionality?
Following up on this, this bug does not occur in 50.0a2 (2016-08-16) or 50.0a2 (2016-08-17).
wsmwk

Post by wsmwk »

We do not have any bug reports of this. If it is persist and occurs with both Thunderbird and Windows started in safe mode, then please report a bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/enter_bug. ... hunderbird