Daily Build Thread up to 2017-12-31 (after Dawn)

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
wsmwk

Re: Daily Build Thread 2017-09-17+ (after Dawn)

Post by wsmwk »

The Tinsmith wrote:
Note, I don't see any posts from him at https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic ... kDQQk4t_Kc

I don't know him but he does not seem to be much of a 'social person'.
IWhy is it necessary for the enigmail author to post in public forums if he is responding to bug reports that have been filed - which afaik he is?

My point in stating "I don't see any posts from him" is, that the author if enigmail isn't the person who started that thread - which someone seemed to imply.
toolong

Re: Daily Build Thread 2017-09-17+ (after Dawn)

Post by toolong »

wsmwk wrote:
The Tinsmith wrote:
Note, I don't see any posts from him at https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic ... kDQQk4t_Kc

I don't know him but he does not seem to be much of a 'social person'.
IWhy is it necessary for the enigmail author to post in public forums if he is responding to bug reports that have been filed - which afaik he is?

My point in stating "I don't see any posts from him" is, that the author if enigmail isn't the person who started that thread - which someone seemed to imply.
You seem to be confused. Or perhaps I am?

On his Enigmail Help list he mentioned that his Extension would require some rework because the TBird devs were/had changed TBird and it would stop working with TBird 59 which is supposed to be the next ESR. He said he was planing on a new 'major' release that would deal with this. And from what I read in your posted link this will be a common problem for many, if not all, TBird cur renting existing extensions.

Do I have that wrong?
wsmwk

Re: Daily Build Thread 2017-12-31+ (after Dawn)

Post by wsmwk »

What does that have to do with the question I asked?
toolong

Post by toolong »

wsmwk wrote:What does that have to do with the question I asked?

Okay. Now I am really confused.

He posted on his list that his extension was going to break because of changes that the Thunderbird devs where making because of what Firefox Mozilla was doing to the code base they use and that he needed to change his program to be comparable.

And I posted what he said here. What does that have to do with him posting any where else? Like some eclectic Google Forum?

What the hell, exactly, was the question that you asked?

Why does he not post on your favorite forum? I don't know. You should ask him.

Your turn.
Snake4

Post by Snake4 »

you might as well as Close this Thread as i made a New one here http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=3036869
Nightly Blog
Release Calendar
Posted With Chrome Or Firefox
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Locking at the OP's request.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)