MozillaZine

Daily Build Thread 2018-01-01+ (after Dawn)

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
The Mechanic

User avatar
 
Posts: 882
Joined: December 24th, 2011, 10:29 am

Post Posted October 16th, 2018, 4:03 am

Mouse4 wrote:
The Mechanic wrote:On the very first page of this thread there is a reference to a "Thunderbird 63.0beta" and a link to download it.

Would anyone know if "the powers that be" have informed the extension developers, as they did with TBird 60.0, of the coming release and the need to update their extension(s)?

i dont think Extension authors are planning on updating there Extensions till maybe around Daily 66? a lot of code will change between Beta an Daily



I see. That seems a very long delay.

tranle
 
Posts: 421
Joined: February 5th, 2003, 3:10 pm
Location: Mountain View, CA

Post Posted November 11th, 2018, 10:18 am

It seems that bug that make the Thunderbird window grow after a progress bar refresh has re-appeared:
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1497837

The last build that is still working for me is from 2018-11-01.

Mouse4
 
Posts: 269
Joined: December 27th, 2017, 4:03 am
Location: Australia

Post Posted November 19th, 2018, 6:33 pm

how stable are these Beta Releases to use as a Day To Day emailer ? . i do have 60.3.1 installed currently

WaltS48

User avatar
 
Posts: 3792
Joined: May 7th, 2010, 9:38 am
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Post Posted November 20th, 2018, 9:19 am

Mouse4 wrote:how stable are these Beta Releases to use as a Day To Day emailer ? . i do have 60.3.1 installed currently


Do you need Provider for Google Calendar?

It's next to impossible to find and the one I have didn't work in my test of the 64.0b3 release candidate on Windows this morning.

Catching up on my daily routine before I test on Linux.
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5

Mouse4
 
Posts: 269
Joined: December 27th, 2017, 4:03 am
Location: Australia

Post Posted November 20th, 2018, 2:24 pm

WaltS48 wrote:
Mouse4 wrote:how stable are these Beta Releases to use as a Day To Day emailer ? . i do have 60.3.1 installed currently


Do you need Provider for Google Calendar?

It's next to impossible to find and the one I have didn't work in my test of the 64.0b3 release candidate on Windows this morning.

Catching up on my daily routine before I test on Linux.

i haven't actually installed B3 yet , i don't need Provider just Calendar is all i need , prolly better off to ask RSX or wsmwk where you could grad it from,

Mouse4
 
Posts: 269
Joined: December 27th, 2017, 4:03 am
Location: Australia

Post Posted November 20th, 2018, 8:44 pm

ok i got 64b3 installed, but i find it opens slow
EDIT : ok i fixed the open slow issue, turned out to be another program that comes bundled with Realtek driver . i had to Disable that Service https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... c81f8928cd
Last edited by Mouse4 on November 24th, 2018, 7:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

WaltS48

User avatar
 
Posts: 3792
Joined: May 7th, 2010, 9:38 am
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Post Posted November 21st, 2018, 7:03 am

Mouse4 wrote:ok i got 64b3 installed, but i find it opens rather slowly compared to 60.x.x which i find it makes Firefox 64 Beta 11 open slow also


Did they release 64.0b3 or are you wasting time using a candidate build that could get replaced by a build2 or more?
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5

DN123ABC
 
Posts: 441
Joined: January 9th, 2017, 10:10 am

Post Posted November 21st, 2018, 8:55 am

For a second there, I thought this was about a 64 bit build!

Looking for a version 64 in 64 bit. Anyone?

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=3042708

Mouse4
 
Posts: 269
Joined: December 27th, 2017, 4:03 am
Location: Australia

Post Posted November 21st, 2018, 2:22 pm

WaltS48 wrote:
Mouse4 wrote:ok i got 64b3 installed, but i find it opens rather slowly compared to 60.x.x which i find it makes Firefox 64 Beta 11 open slow also


Did they release 64.0b3 or are you wasting time using a candidate build that could get replaced by a build2 or more?

Yes they did, go an look in the Beta Link in the Releases link.

The Mechanic

User avatar
 
Posts: 882
Joined: December 24th, 2011, 10:29 am

Post Posted December 8th, 2018, 5:34 pm

For me Thunderbird updated from 60.3.2 to 60.3.3 several days ago. It was a fix for something that I was not affected by. A good thing.

However.

When I examine the next series of "Thunderbird Beta"s, betas become releases after all, I see that they are numbered "64.0b*" and the current one is "64.0b4".

Would anyone know if that is the current release plan? A jump in numbers from "60" to "64"?

If yes - why?

Would anyone know what will be the affect on anyone using existing TBird extensions?

Mouse4
 
Posts: 269
Joined: December 27th, 2017, 4:03 am
Location: Australia

Post Posted December 8th, 2018, 8:51 pm

The Mechanic wrote:For me Thunderbird updated from 60.3.2 to 60.3.3 several days ago. It was a fix for something that I was not affected by. A good thing.

However.

When I examine the next series of "Thunderbird Beta"s, betas become releases after all, I see that they are numbered "64.0b*" and the current one is "64.0b4".

Would anyone know if that is the current release plan? A jump in numbers from "60" to "64"?

If yes - why?

Would anyone know what will be the affect on anyone using existing TBird extensions?

TB60 being the the ESR will remain on that release cycle till 68ESR is released 64 an 65 an 66 an 67 will only be released as Beta's . TB64 Beta is used to fix up Bugs in the next Point release that being 60.4.0

The Mechanic

User avatar
 
Posts: 882
Joined: December 24th, 2011, 10:29 am

Post Posted December 9th, 2018, 4:20 am


TB60 being the the ESR will remain on that release cycle till 68ESR is released 64 an 65 an 66 an 67 will only be released as Beta's . TB64 Beta is used to fix up Bugs in the next Point release that being 60.4.0




I see. Thank you.

Mouse4
 
Posts: 269
Joined: December 27th, 2017, 4:03 am
Location: Australia

Post Posted December 10th, 2018, 6:20 pm

Expect a Version Bump in TB Daily an Seamonkey https://hg.mozilla.org/comm-central/rev ... 04dea87598

Mouse4
 
Posts: 269
Joined: December 27th, 2017, 4:03 am
Location: Australia

Post Posted December 13th, 2018, 7:41 pm

any idea when 60.4.0 will be released ?

The Mechanic

User avatar
 
Posts: 882
Joined: December 24th, 2011, 10:29 am

Post Posted 41 minutes ago

Mouse4 wrote:any idea when 60.4.0 will be released ?



Reminds me of Simon & Garfunkel. <smile>

Return to Thunderbird Builds


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest