Beta 58.0b3.exe hangs when new update available

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
careysb42

Beta 58.0b3.exe hangs when new update available

Post by careysb42 »

It was suggested 6 months ago to try the beta versions to fix an issue, and it did fix the issue. Ever since, when Thunderbird detects that there is a new version to install it won't start. The Windows (10) task manager shows a copy running in the list of system processes but not in the application area. If I end task and then try to start it up again it works. Happens every time I try to launch Thunderbird. To fix this I have to download a fresh copy, un-install the old, and then install the new download.
wsmwk

Re: Beta 58.0b3.exe hangs when new update available

Post by wsmwk »

Are you logged into the PC using an account with admin priveleges?
Snake4

Re: Beta 58.0b3.exe hangs when new update available

Post by Snake4 »

careysb42 wrote:It was suggested 6 months ago to try the beta versions to fix an issue, and it did fix the issue. Ever since, when Thunderbird detects that there is a new version to install it won't start. The Windows (10) task manager shows a copy running in the list of system processes but not in the application area. If I end task and then try to start it up again it works. Happens every time I try to launch Thunderbird. To fix this I have to download a fresh copy, un-install the old, and then install the new download.
try uninstalling the old from settings an then apps an reboot the pc. An then right click on the .exe of thunderbird an choosing run as admin. An then run tb. Remember when launching an app in win10 or below you must run it as admin rights
Nightly Blog
Release Calendar
Posted With Chrome Or Firefox