Dictionary not sticking

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
Gone Postal

Dictionary not sticking

Post by Gone Postal »

Running V70 (64-bit).

I have Marco Pinto's English UK dictionary installed as the only dictionary selection. In the options window the Language is set as English (United Kingdom). When I click to send an e-mail the spell-check window opens but the language drop-down is empty. I have to click on the drop-down then English (United Kingdom) then click on Re-check Text to run the spell check. After that everything works normally.

This is happening in both V70.0b1 and v70.0b2. Has anyone seen anything similar or is it a foible of my system?
Gone Postal

Re: Dictionary not sticking

Post by Gone Postal »

I've now got a dictionary that sticks. I was using the Marco Pinto fork. Removed that, installed the David Bartlett version from which Marco Pinto's was forked and things are now working as expected.
Gone Postal

Post by Gone Postal »

Spoke too soon. Closed down Thunderbird, re-opened it and we are back to square one.
WaltS48

Post by WaltS48 »

Gone Postal wrote:Spoke too soon. Closed down Thunderbird, re-opened it and we are back to square one.
What language version of Thunderbird are you using and have you tried 70.0b3 with the British English dictionary version 2.77 from Marco?

I have Marco's dictionary installed in my en-US version of 70.0b3 and see both the English (United States) and English (United Kingdom) in the drop down of my composition window. I prefer checking as I type.
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5