Thunderbird & Firefox Bookmarks

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
BruceAWittmeier

Thunderbird & Firefox Bookmarks

Post by BruceAWittmeier »

I updated to Thunderbird 71.0b3 today. After updating my bookmarks layout in Firefox are reset to what looks like a default. I always get the column Tags and they are in a much smaller window and a little different. Nothing missing but there changes. This has happened before. Ideas?
I often take a long windy road to my destination. Upon arrival, I wonder how I missed the shortcut.
DanRaisch

Re: Thunderbird & Firefox Bookmarks

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Thunderbird Builds as the release version of Thunderbird is currently only up to 60.9.1.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

Your Firefox profile should be totally unaffected by updating to a newer beta build of Thunderbird.
Is there any overlap in the two profile's location?
BruceAWittmeier

Post by BruceAWittmeier »

They are only on the same drive.
It happened again the other day (not by a update or install of Tbird) -- I just opened FF and the bookmarks was colasped and slightly different. I can't reproduce it so it might be a bug on my end with my profile in FF. It is an old profile so it might be corrupt...I'll just live with it til I must redo.
Thanks!
I often take a long windy road to my destination. Upon arrival, I wonder how I missed the shortcut.
DN123ABC

Post by DN123ABC »

I somehow remember in the "old days", when Thunderbird and Firefox were both updating at the same time, they used to have problems.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Won't say you didn't see that but it is rather hard to see how something like that could happen when the two programs don't share any elements of the respective profiles. Unless a user purposely installed the profiles of both programs into the same directory, there should be no overlap possible.