change sender color?

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
fbu924

change sender color?

Post by fbu924 »

Hello: t-bird 73.0b1 (64b w10). I don't know where this ques goes but this seems the best place to me. - How can I change the color of the sender? Having that choice would be best for me, rather than use - tags, priorities, filters, stars, all of which take up more space & time to i.d. As for you, I get so many mostly useless or unimportant emails, it's easy to miss the biggies (which I just did). Having that text in the sender field be in bright red, for example, would diminish the "oops, I missed that" excuse. I haven't created a userchrome.css recently (>5y), but if that's the only workaround, I can (example appreciated). Thank you.
Paul L
DanRaisch

Re: change sender color?

Post by DanRaisch »

I'm confused by your request. Do you mean that you want a particular sender's name to be highlighted in red? If that's what you want, a filter to tag such messages would take seconds to create, less time than editing a userChrome.css file.

If you mean that you want ALL sender's names highlighted in red, how would that make it easier to catch important messages. The unimportant ones would look the same as the important ones.
morat

Post by morat »

Are you asking how to style the headers pane?

Code: Select all

/* Thunderbird userChrome.css */

@namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul");

#expandedHeaderView {
  background-color: gainsboro !important;
}

mail-emailaddress > label[value="Walmart.com <help@walmart.com>"] {
  animation: example 1s linear infinite !important;
  background-color: red !important;
  color: white !important;
}

@keyframes example {
  50% {
    opacity: 0;
  }
}
http://kb.mozillazine.org/UserChrome.css

P.S.

It's not possible to style a particular address in the sender column in the thread pane.

Styling a tree
http://developer.mozilla.org/docs/Archi ... ing_a_Tree
fbu924

Post by fbu924 »

No, Dan, thanks. I want to put in say, red, only a particular sender as she/he appears in the "correspondents" column. And thanks, Morat, for understanding & replying to my question as I tried to ask it. Your PS had that answer. I hope t-bird in future can add a feature like that.
Paul L
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

A filter could highlight messages in which that address is included.
fbu924

Post by fbu924 »

DanRaisch wrote:A filter could highlight messages in which that address is included.
Thanks, Mr. Raisch! I had not realized that "tags" was not just a column alone, but does exactly what I want -- I tagged the sender as important in filters (trying out your advice), after finding that a sender had apparently made her msg in msg pane appear red (I think I did nothing, and I do not have her msgs filtered). So I don't have the tags col. active, but msg from filtered person has his line in red in msg pane. Perfect.
Paul L
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You're welcome. Glad that works for you.