Shadow font in user tab

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
BruceAWittmeier

Shadow font in user tab

Post by BruceAWittmeier »

I'm using the beta builds and it looks like they are using a shadow font in the user opening tab. It is very difficult to read -- font is small.
I often take a long windy road to my destination. Upon arrival, I wonder how I missed the shortcut.
WaltS48

Re: Shadow font in user tab

Post by WaltS48 »

User opening tab? What's that?

What theme? What operating system theme?

My Thunderbird beta opens with the Mail tab ,showing the Account Central pane if I have an account selected in the Folder pane, or the Thread and Message panes if I have a folder selected in the Folder pane.

Not seeing any problems using any of the built-in Thunderbird themes with my operating systems default theme.

On Windows I did bump the OS Display setting to 125%.

I use the Thunderbird Dark theme.
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
BruceAWittmeier

Re: Shadow font in user tab

Post by BruceAWittmeier »

When I open TB the first screen where I select (or it is pre-selected) my account the font appears fuzzy or shadowed.

This text is displayed:
===
Thunderbird lets you import mail messages, address book entries, feed subscriptions, preferences, and/or filters from other mail programs and common address book formats.
About Mozilla Thunderbird

Thunderbird is the leading open source, cross-platform email and calendaring client, free for business and personal use. We want it to stay secure and become even better. A donation will allow us to hire developers, pay for infrastructure, and continue to improve.

Thunderbird is funded by users like you! If you like Thunderbird, please consider making a donation. The best way for you to ensure Thunderbird remains available is to make a donation.
===

It happens with the Dark Fox theme -- others seem ok.

I do use a dark mode on Windows 10. Don't waste any time on this -- its not that important. Ill just use a different theme -- they aren't that different but the Fox.

Thanks for your help.
I often take a long windy road to my destination. Upon arrival, I wonder how I missed the shortcut.