Thunderbird daily discussion / announcement list

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
wsmwk

Thunderbird daily discussion / announcement list

Post by wsmwk »

FYI there is a Thunderbird daily discussion / announcement list (and others) which you can join at https://thunderbird.topicbox.com/groups/_tojoin
Snake4

Re: Thunderbird daily discussion / announcement list

Post by Snake4 »

Last edited by Snake4 on November 24th, 2021, 3:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Snake4

Post by Snake4 »

my gripe bout the new address book is that the actual email addresses arent clickable so you can compose a new email to that person like ya can in the old address book
wsmwk

Post by wsmwk »

You realize that the "new address book" is far from completed?

Specifically, the developer states (in bold), "this is not the finished product ... At this point I'm most concerned with the two new list widgets. I'm much less concerned about missing functionality, the right-hand side (unless it's badly broken), and theme issues. Bugs should be filed to block the tb-new-addrbook meta bug (bug 1705276)."
Snake4

Post by Snake4 »

wsmwk wrote:You realize that the "new address book" is far from completed?

Specifically, the developer states (in bold), "this is not the finished product ... At this point I'm most concerned with the two new list widgets. I'm much less concerned about missing functionality, the right-hand side (unless it's badly broken), and theme issues. Bugs should be filed to block the tb-new-addrbook meta bug (bug 1705276)."
yes i do. but it doesnt take long to code that feature in. having said that it looks ok
wsmwk

Post by wsmwk »

Snake4 wrote:but it doesnt take long to code that feature in. having said that it looks ok
That might be true in the abstract. But the real world is developers work on multiple projects, there are competing priorities (such as releases to get out the door), there are summer vacations, etc.

But it's also open source - any programmer can contribute the patch.
Snake4

Post by Snake4 »

wsmwk wrote:
Snake4 wrote:but it doesnt take long to code that feature in. having said that it looks ok
That might be true in the abstract. But the real world is developers work on multiple projects, there are competing priorities (such as releases to get out the door), there are summer vacations, etc.

But it's also open source - any programmer can contribute the patch.
true, but at the end of the day, yyou dont want Bad criticism of it either. but as its not final yet i shall wait till it is