macos - Thunderbird 101.0b1 (64-bit) - saved search stopping

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
KIA

macos - Thunderbird 101.0b1 (64-bit) - saved search stopping

Post by KIA »

So running TB 101.0b1 (64-bit). I've noticed something odd. That when you use saved search the "Searching" keeps going and doesn't' stop to the point the computer's fan start blowing noticeably. It didn't do it in the previous release.

I've deleted it and created the same search it still does it. I checked the activity monitor sometimes TB is at 100+ cpu usage. Dont' think TB should be ever in the double digits definitely not triple digits.

Anyone have a fix or the same issue.
tanstaafl

Re: macos - Thunderbird 101.0b1 (64-bit) - saved search stop

Post by tanstaafl »

I don't have that problem using TB 101.0b1 (64 bit) under Windows 11 Pro. The saved search is in a IMAP account and configured to "run on server". Is yours running locally?

Thunderbird alternates between 0% and 0.2% CPU usage according to Windows task manager.
KIA

Post by KIA »

Hmm so clearly it might be a macOS release issue. Any way to provide something to prevent this issue. It's a run away processing in my opinion..
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

Did you try configuring the saved search to run on the server? That offloads building the search index and searching for the messages that meet the criteria to the IMAP server. There isn't much processing needed to organize the search results and display them as a folder.

I suggest you submit a bug report at https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/home . It would help if you can document that the problem didn't occur with either 91.9.0 or the prior beta build. If you do so please post a link to the bug report.
KIA

Post by KIA »

No because I"m using pop on most of my accounts are more pop that IMAP. I"ll be sure to do that but from what I'm getting is this forum is much more responsive than that. Seems pointless to post there.