Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
old Neil Parks

Post by old Neil Parks »

mscott wrote:Neil are you an IMAP user?
Yes.
LeReveur

Re: Thunderbird 1.5 Release Candidate 2 *Test* Builds

Post by LeReveur »

twisty... have you tried using "Edit as new" instead of forward?
-Ed B

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008060309 Firefox/3.0
twisty

Re: Thunderbird 1.5 Release Candidate 2 *Test* Builds

Post by twisty »

lereveur wrote:twisty... have you tried using "Edit as new" instead of forward?

Yea, that seam to work as well. But I want this to work both when I reply and when I forward.

About my last post, it should be SHIFT Reply, and SHIFT and Forward.

Version 1.5 (20051201)
NickJH

Post by NickJH »

My wife often, but not always, gets problems trying to paste images (normally clip art from MS Word) into mail messages. Often, when there is something in the clipboard viewer, no paste option is enabled in TB. Sometimes when the paste operation is disabled, she can succeed with the ctrl+v shortcut. This has gone on for quite a long time now. Is it a known bug?

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20051201 Thunderbird/1.5 ID:2005120115
tmetro

erratic scrolling

Post by tmetro »

I've observed a problem starting with 1.5 beta 1 and continuing to the present rc 2, but have avoided reporting it due to the vague steps to reproduce it.

The problem is erratic scrolling in the compose window in response to cursor movements. The cursor movement might be left, right, up, or down, and the contents of the compose window scrolls as if the Page-Up or Page-Down key was pressed, though the actual cursor does not move beyond what was indicated with the arrow keys. The behavior is often quite erratic, resulting in rapid up/down motion as you continue moving the cursor in some direction. I belive sometimes the problem occurs while typing also.

This doesn't always happen when composing a message, but does happen fairly often.

The problem is specific to Thunderbird (and specifically the 1.5 branch) and hasn't been observed in other applications. At the time when it occurs the mouse is not being used, so I don't think it is erratic signals from a scroll wheel. The system in question did get a new KVM switch in this same approximate time frame, but as noted, the symptom doesn't occur in other applications, and I'm quite sure the first occurrence was coincident with the upgrade to 1.5 beta 1.

The platform is Windows NT 4.0sp6a.

I've tried an initial search on Bugzilla, but didn't spot anything relevant.

-Tom
John Tiger

Post by John Tiger »

TB beta2 test build crashed once a week on winxp.

When I right-clicked the mouse on trayicon, TB crashed. This never happened on beta1.

My extensions: minimizetotray, quicktext.
supernova_00

Post by supernova_00 »

John Tiger wrote:TB beta2 test build crashed once a week on winxp.

When I right-clicked the mouse on trayicon, TB crashed. This never happened on beta1.

My extensions: minimizetotray, quicktext.
What are the talkback IDs?
John Tiger

Post by John Tiger »

I have no idea where to see talkback id.
genie

Re: imap problems

Post by genie »

sillygoose wrote:I'm getting an error trying to login in to an IMAP account. It says "You cannot log in to imap.myrealbox.com because the server has disabled login. You may need to connect via SSL or TLS. Please check the account settings for your mail server." This was working a few minutes ago with 1.07.

I have the same problem. It further says that it exceeded the maximum number of cached connections etc..
But I changed the max cached to 2 from 5 and it still persists :(
dc

Post by dc »

sillygoose wrote:I'm getting an error trying to login in to an IMAP account. It says "You cannot log in to imap.myrealbox.com because the server has disabled login. You may need to connect via SSL or TLS. Please check the account settings for your mail server." This was working a few minutes ago with 1.07.

Same problem here .. it never gets to login as it doesn't ask for my password (I don't store this one in my profile). The IMAP server, in my case, is Novell's Netmail v3.52. RC2 continues to work with a different Novell Netmail server also at v3.52 but a lower patch level.
dc

Post by dc »

dc wrote:

Same problem here .. it never gets to login as it doesn't ask for my password (I don't store this one in my profile). The IMAP server, in my case, is Novell's Netmail v3.52. RC2 continues to work with a different Novell Netmail server also at v3.52 but a lower patch level.

After a bit more testing. I clicked the 'TLS' option in the security section for the server settings and it worked (as did the SSL setting. THe problem seems to be that if you only have 'TLS, if available' it did not work.

Sillygoose, give this a try and see if it works for you.

DC
genie

Post by genie »

I tried using TLS and SSL, both dont work for me... This version upgrade has kept my mailbox now out of my reach.. :( HELP...!!!
Phil75070

Post by Phil75070 »

Only downloaded and installed RC2 last night. The one thing I have noticed is that the layout would not switch back to classic view from the vertical view. Had to go to wide view then classic view to restore it.

Probably just personal taste, but I also don't like the way that the actions are selected in the filter rules window.
gmccord

Post by gmccord »

dc wrote:
dc wrote:

After a bit more testing. I clicked the 'TLS' option in the security section for the server settings and it worked (as did the SSL setting. THe problem seems to be that if you only have 'TLS, if available' it did not work.

Sillygoose, give this a try and see if it works for you.

DC

I have a similar issue, although its caused by my PGP Desktop 9.02 proxying. The way that works is that I set up TB to send / receive on standard, unencrypted links (I use IMAP / SMTP) and PGP proxies it to the secure IMAP/SMTP (IMAPS/995 and SMTP/587). Wheher or not I turn on PGP proxying, I get the errors described in this thread. However, if I require SSL on the IMAP link, it seems to receive OK. Odd. Everything worked just fine in version 1.07.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

With 1.5RC2 searching for a message (edit -> find -> search messages) using a POP account based on the senders address supports: contains, doesn't contain, is, isn't, begins with, ends with, is in my address book, isn't in my address book.

However, if I do that for a IMAP account it only supports: contains, doesn't contain

As I walk through the rest of the list box I notice that under IMAP it seems to always be limited to just two conditions (usually contains or doesn't contain) while POP accounts have a much richer set of conditions. I don't know if this also occured for 1.5RC1 but it didn't occur with v1.0.7.

The message filters for IMAP accounts don't seem to have a similar problem. In recent releases, I noticed the same matching criteria was available for message filters and searching for messages. Thats no longer true for IMAP accounts.

I'm using XP Pro SP2 and fastmails Cyrus v2.3-alpha IMAP server (same version that was available when I was using Thunderbird v1.0.7).