Thunderbird 0.4 Release Candidate 1 Now Available

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
avbohemen

Re: recipient lookup

Post by avbohemen »

arunsub wrote:
Barleyman wrote:Typing recipient name into the "TO:"-field kicks up the name lookup function:

However, clicking on the scrollbar and/or arrows does not function as you'd expect, instead you get whatever email is present on that row!

I can confirm that.

Confirming too, however, it works fine when you select an address with your mouse's scroll wheel and then clicking on one.
WildCelt

Post by WildCelt »

I was using the default theme
JimW

Post by JimW »

mscott wrote:Can someone with a little free time go through some of the recent thunderbird windows releases until they find one in which this works? I.e. download the 11-30, test, download the 11-26, then the 11-19, etc.

That will help me narrow down this problem.

Actually I just found the mozilla bug which says it was present as early as 11-20 in seamonkey. So we can start with the 11-19 build and work back until we find a working build. That would be a huge help!

The bug's present on Mozilla Thunderbird 0.4a (20031130).

Jim
raybirks

Post by raybirks »

Regarding the 'duplicated' messages and the incorrect counters: Compacting the folder corrects the error.

Again, I'm using 0.4RC1 20031201 on WinME.
Hellmark

Post by Hellmark »

Can we be given the option for showing the reply status on newsgroup icons like the 112603 build? I saw that and really loved it.
kenz

Post by kenz »

Since the Nov-19-win32 build I have the problem that I couldn't search Address Book or Contacts with japanese (double bytes) characters.

Nov-10-build-win32 works fine.
plucky

find in message is broken for independent message windows

Post by plucky »

mscott wrote:4) Find in message now always forces focus on the message pane so you no longer have to do it yourself.

Clicking "Find in this message" or pressing ctrl-F when a message is displayed no longer produces a dialog for me. Find does work in the message pane but not in independent message windows and I don't use the message pane, so... :-( I'm on Win2k, Thunderbird 0.4RC1 (20031201)

Other than that, excellent stuff! The last few builds feel really solid to me. :-D
RickFriedman

Re: find in message is broken for independent message window

Post by RickFriedman »

plucky wrote:
mscott wrote:4) Find in message now always forces focus on the message pane so you no longer have to do it yourself.

Clicking "Find in this message" or pressing ctrl-F when a message is displayed no longer produces a dialog for me. Find does work in the message pane but not in independent message windows and I don't use the message pane, so... :-( I'm on Win2k, Thunderbird 0.4RC1 (20031201)

Confirmed. I open my messages in a separate window. As stated, "Find in this message" does not seem to work in this case.

Rick
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.0.7) Gecko/20060911 SUSE/1.5.0.7-1.5 Firefox/1.5.0.7
macleod199

Re: WFM +theme-bug

Post by macleod199 »

pzesar wrote:with all the theme-issues around here lately, I think I should mention this - I haven't seen it around although it's very disturbing - sorry if it's already a very well known problem - I just wonder if it just happens to me...

in the toolbar-customization-drawer-thing in mail-compose, the security-icon is shown very odd. If it is dragged onto the toolbar (large icons, captions enabled), it shows without any problem (the usual lock-picture). But if it's dragged off the toolbar into the drawer, something strange happens:

My profile exists since TB 0.3 - maybe this is related to my "old" profile - i don't know.

please notify me if this problem is well-known - i'll then edit my post and remove the image, because the image is quite large and it's useless to show it if it has no use... well... :)

I've been seeing this since the last build as well. I've also had problems with enigmail no longer signing/encrypting, and then with no messages sending at all. There's some weird extension business going on.
mscott

Re: find in message is broken for independent message window

Post by mscott »

plucky wrote:

Other than that, excellent stuff! The last few builds feel really solid to me. :-D

I just filed Bug #227335. I'll fix this later tonight. Nice Find.
Thunderbirds are Go!
mscott

Win32 and OSX RC1 builds have been respun

Post by mscott »

I updated the note at the top of this thread.

The builds picked up:

7) Find in dialog works again for standalone message window in 12/02 Win32 Respin

8) Security button can now be dragged into the customize toolbar dialog in mail compose. 12/02 Respin (Win32, OSX)

9) Attachments with non-ASCII file names can now be saved correctly. 12/02 Win32 Respin.

I still want a couple more fixes before I actually spin up a separate release candidate 2 build, but I still wanted some testing coverage on these three changes, hence the RC1 respin.
Thunderbirds are Go!
Spewey
Folder@Home

Post by Spewey »

Spewey wrote:Mozilla Thunderbird 0.4a (20031126) works with arrow key but touching scrollbar selects top address.

Same thing, Mozilla Thunderbird 0.4RC1 (20031202)

Old profile--will investigate.
malcolmx

Post by malcolmx »

Barleyman wrote:Typing recipient name into the "TO:"-field kicks up the name lookup function:

However, clicking on the scrollbar and/or arrows does not function as you'd expect, instead you get whatever email is present on that row!

My pet peeve, automatic downloading of attachments which are downloaded again when saved is still present, too.

same on linux, you can only scroll with keys.

-andy
using a IBM T40p.
build machine: inteln 2.8 ghz fsb 800. 1gb ddr ram
with fedora core 1
nrg

Post by nrg »

mscott wrote:
theboyjenkins wrote:there is a bug with the default theme, this happens with a clean install and new profile,
it affects my imap inbox, after the first 2 or 3 times i open tb (haven't pinned it down to
an exact number) the icon for the inbox reverts back to the netscape 4 icon

-J

oh, and the conversation icon isn't the qute style either (in newsgroups)

As I've said before, not all the artwork has been in. Your IMAP Inbox is marked as a shared folder. We don't have new icons for shared folders.

We don't have new icons for the thread column stuff either.

We probably won't until at least 0.5.

I modified the new default theme so the shared folder icon shows as a normal closed folder icon. For the people who have an IMAP server which supports shared folders download THIS file and replace it with the one in your chrome directory.

Br,

nrg.
nrg

Post by nrg »

mscha wrote:Hi,

Just is case:
This build still contains the regression (since the nov 26 build, AFAICT) that, when you "Get Mail" on an IMAP account with many folders to be checked, the spinner stops spinning after checking the first folder.

Best regards,

– Michael

I can confirm this. I always have to manualy check/open to see if i have new mails in my subfolders.

nrg.