Thunderbird 2 Alpha Now Available!

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
mscott

Post by mscott »

for folder views, a folder only gets the account name appended to its name if the view has more than one folder with the same name in it.
Thunderbirds are Go!
old Neil Parks

Post by old Neil Parks »

mscott wrote:for folder views, a folder only gets the account name appended to its name if the view has more than one folder with the same name in it.
That's how it is now, but I would like to see that changed.

I have several IMAP Inboxes. If only one has unread mail, I don't know which one it is:

If new mail comes into another Inbox, the second one gets the account name added, but the first one does not:
old Neil Parks

Post by old Neil Parks »

The bug that causes the "Today" group to randomly change its name to "Old Mail" hasn't been fixed yet:
old Neil Parks

Post by old Neil Parks »

I love the new feature that lets me put replies directly into the same folder as the original inbound msg.
therearenoteams

Post by therearenoteams »

Neil Parks wrote:I love the new feature that lets me put replies directly into the same folder as the original inbound msg.
Where's the setting for that?
old Neil Parks

Post by old Neil Parks »

therearenoteams wrote:
Neil Parks wrote:I love the new feature that lets me put replies directly into the same folder as the original inbound msg.
Where's the setting for that?
It's in Account Settings/Copies and Folders.

BTW, "Place replies" doesn't work unless "Place a copy in" is also checked. But with both checked, "Place replies" takes precedence.
Old HardinComp

Post by Old HardinComp »

I hadn't seen that! I've been waiting to get this setting. Although I would think "place replies" and "Place a copy in" would be an either/or matter.
old Neil Parks

Post by old Neil Parks »

As expected, 2.0a1 disables most of my extensions of choice.

But other than that it seems very stable and friendly.

Despite my wish for a slight change to the alternate folder views, I do like and use the feature.

I am very seriously thinking of not going back to 1.5.0.x.
old Neil Parks

Post by old Neil Parks »

Why is there no "Talkback" in 2.0a1?
old Neil Parks

Post by old Neil Parks »

I like the way the Junk Settings are now integrated into the Account Settings.

I like the fact that routine compacting of folders will now be done without requesting confirmation.

I don't like the fact that there is still no interface for specifying the name of the Trash folder.
mscott

Post by mscott »

Thanks for all the great feedback Neil. I agree about the issues with the folder names when in views like unread folders. Not sure how we can fix that but we'll think about it.

The trash folder bug should be landing on the branch shortly.
Thunderbirds are Go!
jink

Post by jink »

When a group header is clicked and then the first message under the header is clicked, the message will not be displayed in the preview pane. To get around this, click another message and then go back to the one you wanted to display. Expected behaviour is to display the message when first clicked on it.

Another issue I have is with the notification window. In 1.5.* you could click the message alert to bring up thunderbird and the folder. The new notification allows no such thing, which defeats the purpose of alerting me of messages. I haven't checked for a bug filing of this, I was hoping this wasn't expected behaviour though.

Great work so far though, 2.0 is a winner. I haven't tested out inlined attachments and forwarding yet, but am hoping that works as my grandpa will actually use Thunderbird again!
Build info: version 2 alpha 1 (20060809)
mscott

Post by mscott »

jink wrote:When a group header is clicked and then the first message under the header is clicked, the message will not be displayed in the preview pane.

I can only reproduce this when using the keyboard to select the message below the group title by using the down arrow. File a bug on me and list the bug # here.

jink wrote:Another issue I have is with the notification window. In 1.5.* you could click the message alert to bring up thunderbird and the folder. The new notification allows no such thing, which defeats the purpose of alerting me of messages. I haven't checked for a bug filing of this, I was hoping this wasn't expected behaviour though.

Thanks for the great feedback.
Thunderbirds are Go!
AlexIhrig

Post by AlexIhrig »

Latest builds have a bug in toolbar. Hovering a button doesn't show the buttons "border" - only the darker icon.
Thunderbird Mail DE: http://www.thunderbird-mail.de
Enigmail OpenPGP [de]: http://enigmail.thunderbird-mail.de/
majze

Post by majze »

Works for me (version 2 alpha 1 (20060810)).