Thunderbird 2 RC Test Day March 30th 7am - 5pm PDT

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
doutor.zero

Post by doutor.zero »

You won't do nothing about the cropped toolbar problem in Linux builds?

Click here for shortened link

Sorry, but I think that shipping TB2 this way is quite disrespectful with us, Linux users.
Tim Searle

Post by Tim Searle »

The following moves seem to crack the en-GB problem. Having installed TB2.0.0 en-GB and finding I had no spelling checker dictionary available at all, I installed en-US without uninstalling en-GB. The spelling checker then worked, though only with US spelling. I then had a TB directory with Components and Dictionary files present, the latter absent after the initial en-GB install. In Components was Myspell, containing the .AFF, .txt and README en-GB files. Moving these to Dictionaries enabled me to choose the en-GB ( or English English as we say over here) spell checker: all seems to be well.
Jim1977

Post by Jim1977 »

If George Washington hadn't won the Battle of Yorktown, we Americans would be speaking English today.
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

doutor.zero wrote:You won't do nothing about the cropped toolbar problem in Linux builds?

Click here for shortened link

Sorry, but I think that shipping TB2 this way is quite disrespectful with us, Linux users.

I don't even know id userChrome.css works the same in Linux as it does with windows, But
if it does try something like the following:

Here's the file:
/*
* Make toolbar scrollable
*/
#mail-bar2 {
min-height: 65px !important;
overflow: auto !important;

}

It has some wierdness, but you might be able to expand on it.
JoeS Testing current Thunderbird trunk builds WinXP SP2+
news://news.mozilla.org.mozilla.test.multimedia How to Post
Jim1977

Can't change default outgoing server

Post by Jim1977 »

In Thunderbird 2.0 RC2, I first set up my outgoing mail server to be a SMTP server as the default, and it worked properly. Then I added an SSL server and set it as the default. However, it still sent mail from the original server. I had to delete the original SMTP server to get the mail sent via the SSL server.

It also works the other way. After I added the original SMTP server back and set it as default, it only sent from the SSL server. This is not good.
NickJH

Post by NickJH »

In Account Settings, did you change the Outgoing Server (SMTP) the whichever you wanted each account to use?
Jim1977

Post by Jim1977 »

I have only one account, and changed the default outgoing server, as noted above. It shows properly as (Default), it just doesn't use it.

By the way, I am running WinXP in a limited user account. Sometimes there are permission problems when setting configurations for some programs. But since I can add, delete and apparently change the default, that does not seem to be the case here, but you never know.
NickJH

Post by NickJH »

Perhaps I an not fully understanding you. In Account Settings you set up the SMTP servers at the bottom and that is where you can set the default. Then in Account Settings, select your account. Look in the root of the account where it gives your account name. Towards the bottom of the panel in the Default Identity box there is a setting Outgoing Server (SMTP). Did you select your new SMTP server here? If not, it will keep using the original server you had set up and only switch if that server is deleted. In this way you can have more than one mail account, each using a different SMTP server.
paulholbrook

error during install after trying to close tb

Post by paulholbrook »

i did an install of TB 2.0 RC2 over the top of my TB 1.5. I had left the 1.5 address book open, so the install prompted me to close 1.5, which it did. A little later, however, I got the following message (and this is just as it was presented):
Error opening file for writing: \r\n\r\nmozMapi32.dll\r\n\r\nClick Retry to try again, or \r\ncancel to stop to stop the installation.

Restarting the install gave the same message. I'll try rebooting, but at a minimum that error message is mis-formatted.
Jim1977

Post by Jim1977 »

NickJH

Thanks, I think that was the problem. I was looking at the Outgoing Server (SMTP) Settings at the bottom of Account Settings, where it shows one of the servers as the Default. But apparently it does not actually use it as the default unless you set it manually in the account.

Thanks again for the tip. But I am a little confused about why it would even show as default if it does not use it as such. Has this changed from 1.5.0.10, or was it always that way? I used to use the SSL server on occasion, but that was a while ago. At any rate, you have saved me a lot of trial and error.
NickJH

Post by NickJH »

I used 2 SMTP servers when I had TB 1.5.x and I think it worked the same. I would hazard a guess that the default setting is picked up each time you create an account, but once the account is created, you have to change its settings manually.
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

JoeS,
I edited your link to shorten how it views. It was pushing the forum page over a lot.
W2SQ

Post by W2SQ »

This is another bug that has been around for a long time that remains in 2.0 RC1 (win32).

In Tools->Options->Composition->General I changed the HTML font to Helvetica, Arial and size to small. When I compose an HTML message it starts out with that font, but as soon as something happens to temporarily change the font (e.g., changing from Body Text to Preformat, or moving the cursor to part of an included message that used a different font), my preference is forgotten. When I return to Body Text the font reverts to Variable Width, medium size (I think). From this point on my font preference is ignored. It makes editing an e-mail message with more than one font extremely tedious.
Phil Johnson
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

I used to be able to right click on a message in the junk folder and select delete message from the context menu without it selecting the message and displaying it in the preview pane. That no longer works with RC1 and RC2 using XP Pro SP2.
DeepFreeze3

Post by DeepFreeze3 »

tanstaafl wrote:I used to be able to right click on a message in the junk folder and select delete message from the context menu without it selecting the message and displaying it in the preview pane. That no longer works with RC1 and RC2 using XP Pro SP2.

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/ ... taller.exe
Banned permanently for thinking the rules does not apply to you as you thought you could temporarily get around the month suspension. Your suspension is now up but instead both accounts are now Banned.