Mozilla Thunderbird 2 RC 1 Feedback Thread

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
Tim Searle

Post by Tim Searle »

Mat wrote:
James wrote:You mean the dictionary rather.

Dictionaries for several locales can't be packaged with the builds, only en-US.

a spell checker without a dictionary is not really a spell checker, or is it?

Why cant the dictionary be included?

Entirely agree with you, Mat. The non-us releases are broken for typical users because of the non-functioning spell-checker. However, whilst some seem more interested in blame shifting and denial, there is an easy solution provided in the "TB2.0a1 will not allow dictionary installation" topic by Elperk. This sorts the problem, without bumping etc, in less than a minute.

:)

Tim
wicket

Post by wicket »

"I was having this issue, but I discovered that, by default, on the Account's Server Settings the default was not to Automatically download new messages. It was checking for new mail, notifying me, but not downloading it. Checking that box fixed it."
I cannot find that box on TBird 1.5.0.10, in the Account's Server Settings. Could you please walk me through the steps needed to locate it? Windows XP, SP2. Many thanks!
NickJH

Post by NickJH »

wicket wrote:"I was having this issue, but I discovered that, by default, on the Account's Server Settings the default was not to Automatically download new messages. It was checking for new mail, notifying me, but not downloading it. Checking that box fixed it."
I cannot find that box on TBird 1.5.0.10, in the Account's Server Settings. Could you please walk me through the steps needed to locate it? Windows XP, SP2. Many thanks!
I do not knw about TB 1.5.0.x, but in 2.0.0.x go Tools, Accounts, then in the Server Settings for each account, make sure the box "Automatically download new messages" is checked.
Zsolt

Re: Thunderbird hangs when downloading new mail

Post by Zsolt »

Cosmosis wrote:Now this is odd: TB2 RC1 worked fine (and fast) last night after installing it. This morning, however, upon loading it to check my email, it now hangs when trying to download my new messages. It just shows it trying to connect to my account continually in the status bar (it's been running for about five minutes now). As far as I can tell, there are no large messages at the server waiting to be downloaded.

I don't think it's my firewall (that worked fine last night), and I could send and receive messages last night. What happened upon reboot this morning to stall my TB? Any thoughts? I searched the board to no avail, but apologies in advance if this has already come up before.

I had almost exactly the same problem. I have 4 email accounts in Thunderbird and it could download messages from 2 (or 3, one didn't have any messages), but definetly not from 1. It had messages on and TB showed in the status bar "Connecting..." and after about 30s it's stopped doing anything indicating that there were no new messages. I've played around with the firewall (re-enable thunderbird's access), I've played around with the time-out. I've reinstalled TB2. Nothing has helped. It didn't give any error messages. I disabled the password manager for that address, and TB didn't even asked for login details. Finally I've rolled back to TB 1.5.0.12. And that works fine since then (just like before).
Xaviar

Post by Xaviar »

Eyes-Only wrote:By the way: The few extensions that I use to make my life easier have already been updated (like Contacts Sidebar, TimeStamp, Buttons!, Tagzilla, etc.) and likewise work flawlessly. While my usual theme has also been made to work with it (Mostly Crystal) I did pick up a delightful piece of artwork from AMO titled something like "Vista Black" I think? Stunning! Left me breathless!

I use the Vista-Black theme for my Firefox, it integrates FF beautifully into Vista. I cannot get that theme to work with T-Bird though - how did you do it?