Mozilla Thunderbird 2 RC 1 Feedback Thread

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
LiquidPaper

Deleted messages not marked as READ. Was: I have another bug

Post by LiquidPaper »

NickJH wrote:I have another bug.
In any of my POP3 accounts, if I highlight an unread message and delete it, it goes to the deleted folder and gets marked as read. This is OK. If I highlight more than on unread message and delete them together, they go to the deleted folder and remain marked as unread. Not OK.

This is not a bug. Since you haven't view the other posts, they are still unread. Depending on your "Mar read after X seconds" settings, if you delete n messages, you will have n-1 unread, as the first one was actually seen.

Cheers,
marciak

Tooltips bug

Post by marciak »

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=351500 is the bug, please feel free to add your comments.

Lendo wrote:I found a bug, which is fixed in the trunk builds (3.0a1) but not in the builds for 2.0 (up to 20070410):

Tooltips of submenus in the toolbar don't show the correct text, if the submenu is open and the previous tooltip was from another item in the toolbar (outside the submenu).

Will this be fixed before release 2.0.0.0 final?

Example:
Tb2.0rc1_tooltip.png
MiddayPhotographer

Sending a saved draft does not update 'Read/Replied' status

Post by MiddayPhotographer »

Hi,

TB 2.0 RC1 looks great. My only complaint is about bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=128996 which is 5 years old and is really a pest...

Any chance to see it fixed in TB 2.0?

I'm running RC1 on WinXP and I'm using POP3...

Cheers
alex2364

Post by alex2364 »

I have a printing issue. I wasn't able to print a email that was attached in another email. I was only able to print the original email that was sent to me.
JohnnyHighGround

Post by JohnnyHighGround »

I found what appears to be a pretty major bug: I'm using "version 2.0.0.0 (20070326)" on OSX 10.4.9.

I had a folder named "Receipts, Etc." that behaved quite normally until RC1. Today, I went to look up an old receipt and found only a single message in the folder rather than the dozens that should have been there. Went through all the steps for recovering disappearing messages, only to discover that the folder (and all other folders in that account) would not compact. As I said, it all behaved normally before RC1.

After deleting all the .msf files and restarting a few times, I discovered that I was getting a folder called "Receipts, Etcce8c5bf2" with a duplicate of the single remaining Receipts message in it. I deleted the .msf files again, renamed the mailbox file to simply "Receipts" and restarted, and everything came back.

My deduction: RC1 has a problem parsing folders with names that end in periods. I was able to recreate this bug by renaming another folder: "House Selling" to "House Selling." After deleting the .msf and rebooting, it became "HouseSellinge0dbcb6d" and lost all its content. Deleting the .msf and renaming it back to the original brings back the messages.
Aus

Post by Aus »

A couple of things... RC1(20070326)

I have several email accounts, one of which is gmail. I use this account to collect mail from several other POP accounts and hence aggregate the mail in one place. To enable me to identify where mail comes from I have created some filters with matching folders and also different identities:

Code: Select all

gmail account
        | 
        Inbox
            |
            Other account 1
                  |
                  Sent

The above is an outline of the folder structure I have created and is repeated for each account for which gmail collects email.

The problem is with the configuration of identities.

When I create an new identity, I specify that all sent email for one of the non-gmail accounts should be placed in the Sent sub-folder for the account, but on the copies & folders tab for the identity it states : Sent on gmail account and not sent on Other account 1, even though I have specifically told TB which folder to use via the browse function in identities.

Another question (posted elsewhere here) The ability to right click on an account and select to download messages for that account has been removed...why?
watzlaw.wutz

rc1 bug: can not download additional dictionaries

Post by watzlaw.wutz »

Hi,

If I click "download more dictionaries ..." in the spell check panel, nothing happens.

This problem might be related to the problem that if I click on links in emails, nothing happens too. (The used behavior was, that a new tab becomes opened in Firefox)

best regards,
watzlaw
watzlaw.wutz

Post by watzlaw.wutz »

Another problem is that the dictionaries (at least the german one) are not updated to be used with tb2rc1.

w.
dtischler

missing option in search for "Schlagwort": none

Post by dtischler »

When searching a folder for a "Schlagwort" (formerly "Etikett"), there has always been the possibility to find mails without or with any (not none) a "Schlagwort". This option is missing in 2RC1.

Thanks
dt
marciak

Post by marciak »

Jeff: The version for Tbird RC1 is version 2.0.0.0 (20070326).
mscott

Re: rc1 bug: can not download additional dictionaries

Post by mscott »

watzlaw.wutz wrote:Hi,

If I click "download more dictionaries ..." in the spell check panel, nothing happens.

This problem might be related to the problem that if I click on links in emails, nothing happens too. (The used behavior was, that a new tab becomes opened in Firefox)

best regards,
watzlaw

try resetting firefox as your default browser. Sometimes it forgets and that causes nothing to happen when you click on links in thunderbird that should open a new browser window.
Thunderbirds are Go!
afx114

Message filter bug.

Post by afx114 »

I have experienced a random bug with message filters. Every night I receive a batch of of large (eg, 4MB) plain-text non-attachment emails, and I have a message filter set up to filter them into a sub-folder. I wake up in the morning, open Thunderbird, and the filters run, but sometimes they don't act as expected. The folder pane shows the subfolder as bold (containing the newly-moved unread messages) but there is no unread count next to the folder name. When I click to open the sub-folder, the newly filed messages are not there! They are not in my inbox either, so it's as if the filtered messages have magically disappeared.

When I close Thunderbird and re-open it, the emails are now visible in the sub-folder, however duplicate copies exist in the original inbox!! What I end up with is 2 copies of the emails, 1 in the inbox, and 1 in the sub-folder.

Unfortunately this does not happen every night, only say 2-3 nights out of the week. I haven't figured out what is causing this yet, or how to re-produce it regularly, but something is definitely awkward with the way message filters handle very large emails.

Is anybody else seeing this?
DazzaL

Post by DazzaL »

Is there a way that when you reply to an email that has some tags associated with it that those tags also attach to your reply?

currently every time I send an email I have to then tag it the same as the parent email (i.e. if I start an email thread an tag it as "Work" I would like all replies (received from those in the thread and my own follow-ups) to maintain my previous tag(s).
Cosmosis

Problem with Profile

Post by Cosmosis »

I encountered a problem with my install of version 2 RC1. In my previous TB 1.5 version, I had to create a backup profile of all of my emails and settings (called "backup") after an extension corrupted my default profile. Therefore, when I installed TB build 2 RC1 it never recognized this previous profile (since the "default" profile did not exist).

I tried loading the profile manager to switch to my "backup" profile - which didn't work.
I tried renaming my "backup" profile to "default" - which didn't work.
I finally got it to work by loading up the snapshot I took of my 1.5 settings just before installing 2 RC1 using MozBackup, and that worked (yay!).

Anyway, I'm not sure why I couldn't get the profile manager to recognize my older profile...it showed up in the list. Was I doing something wrong? Is this a bug, or just me not knowing how to properly use profiles and the profile manager?
<embed>
[:Aureliano Buendía]

Post by [:Aureliano Buendía] »

Hi.
I have installed enigmal add-on. After i have uninstalled, the footer of my account (html file) is received from the recipient in text-format.
Any idea?

Ps: i use thunderbird 2.0 rc1 -it
"The world was so recent that many things lacked names, and in order to indicate them it was necessary to point."
One Hundred Years Of Solitude