Mozilla Thunderbird 2 RC 1 Feedback Thread

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
joeyconnick

Post by joeyconnick »

bozz wrote:I'm seeing the Spellcheck underline in the Subject textbox in the compose window with Check spelling and Enable spell check turned off. Is this normal or a bug or is there a Config editor setting I need to change?
It's a known bug, I believe. I get the impression it's not going to be fixed prior to release.

I'm definitely seeing it.

Just a sec...

Here: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=532561
marcan

Post by marcan »

mscott wrote:
Amsterdammer wrote:^
Is this really possible on IMAP?
How can user defined tags be saved on IMAP-servers?

if the imap server supports keywords then we can store tags as keywords on the server.

Ok. So it should be possible to store keywords and hence tags then. How about support to search for tags? Just setting tags without being able to search for them is a bit... useless? ;)
mikeymike

Post by mikeymike »

Tools > Options > Composition > Spelling

The 'language' combo box is only about 10 pixels wide at most (including the control at the end to open the combo box). If I click on it, the selection area is only a few pixels high and I can't see anything to select.

I saw this in TB2B2 and RC1 (English, and British).
Tim Searle

Post by Tim Searle »

mikeymike wrote:Tools > Options > Composition > Spelling

The 'language' combo box is only about 10 pixels wide at most (including the control at the end to open the combo box). If I click on it, the selection area is only a few pixels high and I can't see anything to select.

I saw this in TB2B2 and RC1 (English, and British).

Mikeymike, This is standard behaviour at least for TB2 Win32 en-GB, c.f. the TB2RC test day 30 March Topic. It's related to the failure of the dictionary to install: no Dictionary folder is created, the en-GB dictionary staying in MySpell. Installation of the en-US version of TB2 does create this Dictionary folder with a US dictionary in it, and the combo box works. You can then drag the en-GB dictionary to the Dictionary folder and get a choice in the combo box as described in the Dictionary Topic.
richard_leeds

Post by richard_leeds »

Tim Searle wrote:This is standard behaviour at least for TB2 Win32 en-GB, c.f. the TB2RC test day 30 March Topic.

Any news if it'll be fixed on final release? .....
Lendo

Post by Lendo »

I found a bug, which is fixed in the trunk builds (3.0a1) but not in the builds for 2.0 (up to 20070410):

Tooltips of submenus in the toolbar don't show the correct text, if the submenu is open and the previous tooltip was from another item in the toolbar (outside the submenu).

Will this be fixed before release 2.0.0.0 final?

Example:
Tb2.0rc1_tooltip.png
morbus

Mail header pane still all-white on OS X

Post by morbus »

The mail header pane is still all white on OS X, compared to the grey of the 2.0b1 version. Makes it very jarring/hard, after having been used to grey, to distinguish where the headers end and the message begins. I had mentioned this for b2 and received a response that the OS X UI port wasn't finished. Is this still the case? If the white header pane is, in fact, final, can I get some help on CSSing it back to grey?
morbus

Post by morbus »

I'm also not having luck with Copy To filter in a News & Blog account. The filter Copies any item older than a certain date to another folder in the News and Blogs account. I just received 7 new items, and only 2 were copied. All 7 items were new RSS items that came in today, and my filter is set for anything after 3/31/07. Running the filter manually has no effect, and nothing displays in the filter log.

Edit: It seems that only 2 items are ever copied when the filter runs automatically - just received another 8 items, and only two were copied. If I restart TB, and the News and Blogs account has NOT checked for new mail, I can run the filter over and over again and it will properly work. As soon as the News and Blog account checks for new mail (either automatically or manually), only 2 items are copied and a manual running of the filter never succeeds.
morbus

Post by morbus »

I deleted the filter, recreated it, wiped the filter log, restarted TB, and checked for new items in my News and Blogs account. I received 4 new items. The filter log reads:

----------------------------------------------------------------
Applied filter "Archive Items" to message from <Mark> - Time lapse video of Tim Biskup ocean mural at 4/11/07 4:48:42 PM copied message id = http://www.boingboing.net/2007/04/11/ti ... ocaldomain to mailbox://nobody@News%20%26%20Blogs/Arc ... 7-Q2-Feeds

Applied filter "Archive Items" to message from <Gizmodo> - Get a Job, Punk at 4/11/07 4:40:22 PM copied message id = http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/announce ... ocaldomain to mailbox://nobody@News%20%26%20Blogs/Arc ... 7-Q2-Feeds

Applied filter "Archive Items" to message from <Susan> - Capcom: Dead Rising Sequel Just a Rumor at 4/11/07 3:49:49 PM copied message id = tag:typepad.com,2003:post-32771412@localhost.localdomain to mailbox://nobody@News%20%26%20Blogs/Arc ... 7-Q2-Feeds

Applied filter "Archive Items" to message from <Yahoo> - Pentagon weighs troop extension for Iraq (AP) at 4/11/07 9:51:36 AM copied message id = ap/20070411/iraq_us_troops@localhost.localdomain to mailbox://nobody@News%20%26%20Blogs/Arc ... 7-Q2-Feeds</blockquote>
----------------------------------------------------------------

Only the first two messages were actually copied, however.
minoka

Post by minoka »

On my system, right-clicking an account in folders/accounts pane no longer has the option to "get messages for account".
Has this option been discarded?
Old Bozz

Post by Old Bozz »

joeyconnick wrote:
bozz wrote:I'm seeing the Spellcheck underline in the Subject textbox in the compose window with Check spelling and Enable spell check turned off. Is this normal or a bug or is there a Config editor setting I need to change?
It's a known bug, I believe. I get the impression it's not going to be fixed prior to release.

Just a sec...

Thanks for the info. Since mscott has stated previously that there are "zarro bugs" and since he hasn't commented it probably won't get fixed for 2.0.

The bug report states
It happens only if "compose messages in HTML format" is uncheckt, the HTML
composer doesn't show this misbehavior.

...but it does happen with using HTML.

A work around is to add the abbreviations like 'FW' 'Fw' or 'fw' to the dictionary. You would have to turn on spell check temporarily to do it, but it works so the next time the abbreviation or whatever you add doesn't show the underline.

If this bug were buried down in the Options window or the Accounts window I could understand not bothering with it at this point but this bug is in plain sight in a area that gets used daily. At least it does for my use.

Other than that, I am very pleased with how Thunderbird has progressed.
joeyconnick

Post by joeyconnick »

bozz wrote:
joeyconnick wrote:

Just a sec...

Thanks for the info. Since mscott has stated previously that there are "zarro bugs" and since he hasn't commented it probably won't get fixed for 2.0.

The bug report states
It happens only if "compose messages in HTML format" is uncheckt, the HTML
composer doesn't show this misbehavior.

...but it does happen with using HTML.

A work around is to add the abbreviations like 'FW' 'Fw' or 'fw' to the dictionary. You would have to turn on spell check temporarily to do it, but it works so the next time the abbreviation or whatever you add doesn't show the underline.

If this bug were buried down in the Options window or the Accounts window I could understand not bothering with it at this point but this bug is in plain sight in a area that gets used daily. At least it does for my use.

Other than that, I am very pleased with how Thunderbird has progressed.

Yes I am quite surprised such a visible and one assumes easy-to-fix bug is being left in.
NickJH

Post by NickJH »

I have another bug.
In any of my POP3 accounts, if I highlight an unread message and delete it, it goes to the deleted folder and gets marked as read. This is OK. If I highlight more than on unread message and delete them together, they go to the deleted folder and remain marked as unread. Not OK.
leiner

bug or feature

Post by leiner »

Hay there

I have installed TB2RC1 [Version 2.0.0.0 (20070326) ] on WinXPSP2(32) German.

Two thing are mystical :

I lost my entry in then File-> send to... -> email receiver
(standart mailapplication?)
and
the link for opening "*.EML-Files" in Windows is jump to Outlook

Is this a feature of Test-Versions?
Is there a key in the config:about section to get that back?

sorrry about my english!

Greatings Leiner
Tim Searle

Post by Tim Searle »

NickJH wrote:I have another bug.
In any of my POP3 accounts, if I highlight an unread message and delete it, it goes to the deleted folder and gets marked as read. This is OK. If I highlight more than on unread message and delete them together, they go to the deleted folder and remain marked as unread. Not OK.

In IMAP (Win32, TB2 2070326), one or many unread trashed message(s) stay as unread. This is what you would expect (I'm told) with any client. The same should happen for POP3, so it's the single message behaviour (that you like) which is unexpected. The behaviour is more complicated if you use the pane view where the message is read on highlighting, of course.

A little thing is surprising me: messages with vcard show the attachment paper-clip. I understand this though I'd prefer it was used for "proper" attachments like text files etc. However, after opening the message the clip goes away, but if you then trash it it reappears. "Proper" attachments keep their paper-clip, read or trashed. Eh?