2004-03-12 Weekly Build Now Available (Win32)

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
djbrock

Post by djbrock »

uggi wrote:
djbrock wrote:I have 1359 Spams archived. I edited my User.js file and moved the adaptive filter setting down from 90 all the way to 10 by increments of 10 to see what it took to get rid of all my junk mails.

How did you actually test it, I thought you were not supposed to "Run Junk Mail Controls on Folder" more than once.

I deleted the MSF file for the folder and then re-ran the junk mail controls on the folder.
fishbert

Re: Really annoying problem with junk mail controls

Post by fishbert »

Nentuaby wrote:Gackt! I'd love to take advantage of these cool new features, but until that's fixed I'm going back to .5 :-(

<a href="http://www.crownrecord.co.jp/gackt.htm">Gackt</a>?!
Äkiidoll

Better every release!

Post by Äkiidoll »

Scott
Thanks to the entire Thunderbird Team!
This build is great! Thunderbird keeps getting
better and better and better and...
Keep up the great work!

Geck0 r0cks
A prisoner of Christ Jesus, by His stripes I was healed
Jaska

Post by Jaska »

Is it just my machine but in this 2004-03-20-00 -build the bug with spaces in compose window is back?
Jaska

Post by Jaska »

Jaska wrote:Is it just my machine but in this 2004-03-20-00 -build the bug with spaces in compose window is back?

Sorry, the bug comes and goes, after reboot everything is fine.
Nentuaby

Post by Nentuaby »

Meh, please disregard my previous post. I just realized it was, in fact, something I was doing wrong. I feel silly.

However, migh I add that it really seems like it would be much more logical to mark nothing as junk right after activating the controls than to mark everything as junk... I realize that's a function of how the controls work, but it seems like you could create a special case without too much trouble.

Oh, and yes, Gackt. Just an inarticulate somewhere between "ack" and gargling. :)
Steel Shepherd

Post by Steel Shepherd »

Are you planning a linux build again soon?
Steel Shepherd

www.SteelShepherd.com
Fasse

Post by Fasse »

Is it right that now everyone, who has access to my computer, can view my password of my mail-accounts with the new password-manager ?
This is terrible. I think it's a feature of Mozilla-Suite, but there you must enter the master-password to see the account-passwords.

When I open the smily list and go with the cursor on one icon than tb show me the tool-tip of the last control (in this case the insert anchor button)
tico

Post by tico »

Is there a new version (after 12 March) of TB with optimized filters?
John Liebson

Post by John Liebson »

tico wrote:Is there a new version (after 12 March) of TB with optimized filters?

If by that you mean the spam filters, yes, the daily/nightly releases have them; latest is always available at http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/ ... d/nightly/, which is where I got Mozilla Thunderbird 0.5+ (20040324). (Well I actually download directly from a ftp server, but that is not important, the site I gave always shows what the latest release is.)
John Liebson

Post by John Liebson »

New bug? I'm using Mozilla Thunderbird 0.5+ (20040325) [Windows XP], but I suspect this started yesterday, if not a day or two earlier:

Put messages in Unsent Messages, there is no way that I can find to get them to be sent except for editing as new and sending from the Compose module. I can right-click on the Unsent Messages Folder, select "Send unsent messages," but nothing happens.

I say that I suspect this started at least with yesterday's release, because I noticed this morning that two messages that should have been sent from the Unsent folder yesterday afternoon, using yesterdays Tbird release, were still there. So, I tried sending them with today's release, and got the lack of results stated above.

So, I sent those two messages as new ones, created a new message, stored it in the Unsent messages folder, found myself unable to send the new message.

Bug, problem with my profile, failure to set the moon-phase properly in my computer?

[EDIT] As I am an extremely observant person (sigh), when I started Tbird early Friday morning, I noticed that the one non-default theme I use was not working, and I could not get it to work. Deleted same, reinstalled same, sent unsent messages.
Last edited by John Liebson on March 26th, 2004, 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
swalker

Post by swalker »

Fasse wrote:When I open the smily list and go with the cursor on one icon than tb show me the tool-tip of the last control (in this case the insert anchor button)

Known, old bug.
Last edited by swalker on March 25th, 2004, 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
stugots

Uh, shouldn't this topic be re-titled? :-)

Post by stugots »

:-)
Jaska

Post by Jaska »

Now when we have this Bayesian junkfilter it would be nice to have a spam-colum in the mailwindow. Spambayes has it in Outlook and it shows the current messages spam-propability percent.
bennow

possible bug.

Post by bennow »

nevermind... already pointed out....