Thunderbird 0.7 Release Candidate Now Available For Testing

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
cakruege

Unusable as usual

Post by cakruege »

This Version is unusable as usual.

Importing/moveing from huge folders leeds to freezing Thunderbird.
Building summary file for myinbox
Big memory leek. 20 kb /s and only importing 3-4 mails / s, 100% cpu

greetings
Carsten
jark

Post by jark »

For some odd reason, upgrading to this completely ignores the per account message composition style. I prefer not to send HTML email therefore have that option unchecked yet when replying to HTML email I am forced to reply that way. This was not the case previously.

Is this just me?
jystickman

Re: profile not used...

Post by jystickman »

rm wrote:i've just upgraded to the 0.7RC and my profile has not be used or loaded (MacOSX), it just asked me to set up a new account... my data is all still there in the profiles dir... how do i get it to use it!!?

Along that lines, where is this release looking for the Profile and storing the new information? It's not in
~/Library/Thunderbird anymore.

(new info)

Okay, so I've learned to type Thunderbird correctly - the profile location now seems to be
in ~/Library/Application Support/Thunderbird. I think I'd really prefer to use my original
profile, but at least now I can move over mail filters and such by hand.
Last edited by jystickman on June 15th, 2004, 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
pincopallino

Post by pincopallino »

Question: the "delete from server" rule, has been fixed?
morito

Re: profile not used...

Post by morito »

jystickman wrote:Okay, so I've learned to type Thunderbird correctly - the profile location now seems to be
in ~/Library/Application Support/Thunderbird. I think I'd really prefer to use my original
profile, but at least now I can move over mail filters and such by hand.

why is this not a "known issue"????

same with the new firefox release. the apps just create new folders for their preferences, mail, bookmarks etc and they don't import the data from the old folders correctly.
at least there should be a note on the website!

(later edit:)
problem appears in the firefox 09 rc only, i guess
michaelvdorpe

Post by michaelvdorpe »

Good work!

I especially like the vCard update. I also installed some spelling dictionaries, I didn't even have to look for those anymore!
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

mscott wrote:You might be stuck in "offline mode". Try downloading theinstaller again this time doing a custom install and choosing to install the offline extension.

When the app starts up look at the offline indicator in the lower right hand corner of the screen and click it to force yourself back on line.

So, is offline now built in? Does this mean we don't need the offline extension any more?
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

Waldo wrote:
sixshot wrote:Small question however... do we need to retrain the filter system? I prefer installing some apps via zip file so I wonder if I'll still be able to do either an overwrite or delete+extract to install 0.7.

Disk space for email is cheap...I've got a folder called Junk where I've stored all my junk emails since I started TB. I simply start up a new version, mark 'em as junk, and then enter a few of my larger folders (that also happen to be most quickly filled) and mark the stuff in them as not junk. Bam, filter mostly trained.

Speaking of starting from scratch and transferring settings and such, is there a good bug for email/filter/addressbook backup capability to a single file? TB really needs this - heck, even Outlook has backups to PST files (which have been pretty much reverse-engineered and thus somewhat enable compatibility).

How do you do that? It is ALREADY marked as not junk, isn't it? You can't re-mark it, can you?

I must be missing something.

Thanks.
old Neil Parks

Post by old Neil Parks »

How do you do that? It is ALREADY marked as not junk, isn't it? You can't re-mark it, can you?

Haven't tried new release yet, but in 0.6 from the Message menu or right click you can select Mark and then select Junk or Not Junk.

To mark all msgs in a folder, press Ctl-A to highlight all of them and then use the Msg menu as above. (shortcut keys: Alt-M, K, J (junk) or Shift-J (not junk).
redmars

Post by redmars »

I installed the extension "Show old extensions", restarted, then realized I didn't have any old extensions, uninstalled it again and restarted once more. Since then Thunderbird seems to ignore my profile data and asks me to set up a new mail account. The files in my profile folder seem to be intact. (Win XP)

However, it does use the theme I set it up to use (Charamel).

Thankfully I could restore the profile with Mozilla Backup to a working state.
deep_sky

Post by deep_sky »

This build is completely unusable for me. After extracting from zip, I started it up, and all it does is kill itself and restart, kill itself and restart, on a 2 second interval over and over and over. Rebooting did not help so I went back to the 6-11 build I was using previously. Is anyone else getting this problem?
mscott

Post by mscott »

deep_sky wrote:This build is completely unusable for me. After extracting from zip, I started it up, and all it does is kill itself and restart, kill itself and restart, on a 2 second interval over and over and over. Rebooting did not help so I went back to the 6-11 build I was using previously. Is anyone else getting this problem?
Deep_sky:

See:

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 854#574854

plagues only those who tested nightly builds between releases and installed an extensions when using a bad build.
Thunderbirds are Go!
deep_sky

Post by deep_sky »

funny thing is, although i have been testing nightlies for thunderbird pretty often, i have never installed an extension in thunderbird. what i did is just remove my old profile, let thunderbird start (which it idid) and then copied all the data i needed (mainly the Mail folder) back to the new profile and it works. i cannot get a theme installed, however. did the themeing engine change between 6-11 and now? i can install the theme in the them manager, and it shows up, thunderbird simply wont use it :(
mscott

Post by mscott »

extensions = extension & themes
Thunderbirds are Go!
deep_sky

Post by deep_sky »

ah i see.

is there a reason why a theme that works fine with the 6-11 build wont work with this build? it shows up in the theme manager, but it wont take :(