2003-04-16-win32 build available

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
mattcoz

Post by mattcoz »

I just tried that, and it didn't work. I'm thinking that my mail file got corrupted or something.
mattcoz

Post by mattcoz »

I figured out my problem was. My prefs.js file still had my mozilla profile set as the parent directory, so while it got all confused.
willll

Post by willll »

Junk Mail Controls move messages to the Junk folder, but dont turn on the junk toggle thingie. Is anyone else having this problem? I'm on an IMAP server
Quark

Post by Quark »

Yeah, I'm having the junk mail problem. Unfortunately I've never gotten that to work at ALL under Mozilla (probably a corrupt profile, but the filters i have setup w/ school means it's not a problem), so I can't compare.

It would be nice if you could add 'change to junk mail' under a normal filter though ...
mattcoz

Post by mattcoz »

I'm having the opposite problem, some messages get marked as junk but aren't moved to the junk folder.
none13

Bug #107877???

Post by none13 »

I'm confused -- what happened with including a fix for bug <a href="http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=107877">#107877</a> ? I was under the impression that a fix was included with the build, but I don't see anything under the "Composition" Preferences.

Anybody know what's going with that? Fixing that one bug will be enough for me to drop mozilla mail/news like a bad habit, and adopt Thunderbird as my daily client, <i>despite</i> all of the rough edges around the pre-release umm... release.

thanks.

P.s. The bug was reopened, but AFAIK, it happened <b>after</b> the build was posted, so the two aren't related.
mattcoz

Post by mattcoz »

Maybe I'm not understanding what the bug is, but I seem to be able to specify fonts in compositions. Is it supposed to be something else than the Format menu?
none13

Post by none13 »

mattcoz wrote:Maybe I'm not understanding what the bug is, but I seem to be able to specify fonts in compositions. Is it supposed to be something else than the Format menu?

The bug makes it possible to set a default font (+its attributes) when composing an HTML message. Granted, you can start a message now and tweak the fonts to your liking, but the point is -- the defaults are immutable, and this bug tries to fix that.
willll

Post by willll »

willll wrote:Junk Mail Controls move messages to the Junk folder, but dont turn on the junk toggle thingie. Is anyone else having this problem? I'm on an IMAP server
its wrokign fine now... strange
jettie

Re: 2003-04-16-win32 build available

Post by jettie »

mscott wrote:2) Uses a thunderbird profile directory not a minotaur profile directory. So you'll have to re-migrate again =(. We suck...sorry for making you do it again.
-Scott

Migration: I did it the same way like I did it my Mozilla profile (as described in th F.A.Qs). But after copying Minotaur files to Thunderbird, editing prefs.js and restart Thunderbird I don't get any folders. My accounts are listed but no inbox, sent, draft etc.

Can you help me out of here?

Thanx in advance...Andreas
|||--- Meine Meinung steht schon fest - bitte verwirren Sie mich nicht mit Tatsachen! ---|||
mscott

Re: 2003-04-16-win32 build available

Post by mscott »

jettie wrote:Migration: I did it the same way like I did it my Mozilla profile (as described in th F.A.Qs). But after copying Minotaur files to Thunderbird, editing prefs.js and restart Thunderbird I don't get any folders. My accounts are listed but no inbox, sent, draft etc.

I've seen this several times and every time it has been a case of a mistake when editing your prefs.js file. Some of your absolute paths were not modified correctly. Check the prefs.js in your thunderbird profile again.
Thunderbirds are Go!
jettie

Post by jettie »

Shame on me :( you are absolutely right...
I didn't change the *****.slt folder setting...hope this was the last build where I had to edit my prefs.js - don't wanna blame me again ;)

Thanks...Andreas
|||--- Meine Meinung steht schon fest - bitte verwirren Sie mich nicht mit Tatsachen! ---|||