2003-04-23-win32 build is now available!

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
Arctic Dragon

Post by Arctic Dragon »

I just downloaded the 2003-04-23 Win32 trunk, and it's definitely quicker than the previous trunk.
Works fine with my POP3/SMTP account. :)
fbddk

Post by fbddk »

mscott wrote:Duplicating a post I made to another thread because this explains the problem many of you are having when logging onto a pop server:

According to netscape.public.mozilla.mail-news there was a major bug for POP users in the April 23rd trunk build involving a CRAM MD5 failure:

"The PASS command did not succeed. Mail server x.y.com responded: CRAM
authentication failed. "

Apparently it has since been fixed on the trunk so the next Thunderbird build should have this fixed too.

OK thanks for duplicating your post mscott.
I'll be looking forward for the next nightly build then.
Dunderklumpen

Post by Dunderklumpen »

fbddk wrote:I'm not able to get mail with this build - when I click the get mail and enter my password (the correct one, no CAPS-LOCK accident or other mishap) I get this message in an alertbox:

The PASS command did not succeed. Mail server mail.fbd.dk responded: authentication exchange failed

Tried 3 times now - once with the old profile from last build, once with a clean profile and lastly once in a clean winXP user with clean profile.

Every time I get the mentioned alert and get a change to enter the password again. When I change back to previous build everything works like a charm.

As mentioned my OS is winXP.

I have the same problem with a pop3 server and running Windows 2000. The version from the 16:th works perfectly - this one does not.