Just a SeaMonkey feature suggestion

Discussion of general topics about Seamonkey
JohnB_XP

Just a SeaMonkey feature suggestion

Post by JohnB_XP »

I know how Firefox is getting a ton of bad "features" and bloat lately, but after moving from Firefox there's one small thing I'm missing:
Dragging tabs out into new windows
It seems like a small thing but I have tons of tabs and windows opened all the time and popping a tab out into its own new window takes forever. I open a new window, drag the tab over to it, then close the old tab.
Also, sounds play in tabs from ads and stuff and I have to flip through all my tabs and windows to try and stop it. Firefox has a little speaker icon on tabs that play sounds and you can click it and it'll work as a mute button.

Are there extensions that do this that I don't know about?
Proud BlackBerry and SeaMonkey user!
frg

Re: Just a SeaMonkey feature suggestion

Post by frg »

Yes,
the tabbrowser component of SeaMonkey is missing a few features. For the close button e.g. I use Seatab X 2. Has one or two features not in FF like tab previews but is mostly lacking them. At some point in the future if SeaMonkey survives the planned Firefox changes the tabbrowser will be enhanced and the dragging is probably one of the features which will get ported.

Didn't try this one but it might do what you are looking for:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamon ... -this-tab/

FRG
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

If you have a problem with sound playing automatically from opened tabs, you could set plugins to ask to activate, set media.autoplay.enabled to false, and get an ad-blocker.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

JohnB_XP wrote:I know how Firefox is getting a ton of bad "features" and bloat lately, but after moving from Firefox there's one small thing I'm missing:
Dragging tabs out into new windows
Yep, simple enough. I use the extension that frg suggested above for just duplicating tabs either menu or hotkey, but you would want its Detach Tab function, which puts the tab into a new window.

Using the hotkey option would make that easier to do that the usual mouse dragging method as well.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
JohnB_XP

Post by JohnB_XP »

Thanks for the extension suggestion! It isn't perfect (videos restart, websites refresh, doesn't merge back individual tabs) but it is better than before.
Proud BlackBerry and SeaMonkey user!