Porting Blocked Websites to Phoenix

Discussion of general topics about Seamonkey
Icephreak

Porting Blocked Websites to Phoenix

Post by Icephreak »

I recently switched over to using Phoenix. Could one of you tell me if there is an easy way to transfer the (advertiser) sites that I'd blocked in Mozilla over to the new browser? I don't immediately see any text files or anything of the sort I could work with, so I'm depending on your collective expertise.

Thanks,

- IP
lar3ry

Re: Porting Blocked Websites to Phoenix

Post by lar3ry »

Icephreak wrote:I recently switched over to using Phoenix. Could one of you tell me if there is an easy way to transfer the (advertiser) sites that I'd blocked in Mozilla over to the new browser? I don't immediately see any text files or anything of the sort I could work with, so I'm depending on your collective expertise.

You don't give your platform, and this is a platform-specific question. Your profile data is stored in one of the following places, depending on your platform (Macintosh excluded due to me not having a Mac) and the browser you are using:

- $HOME/.mozilla/<profile name>/<random stuff>.slt
- $HOME/.phoenix/<profile name>/<random stuff>.slt
- c:\Documents and Settings\<login>\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\<login>\<random stuff>.slt
- c:\Documents and Settings\<login>\Application Data\Phoenix\Profiles\<login>\<random stuff>.slt

For cookies, you'd be looking for a file called "cookperm" or something.
"As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!" - A. Carlson
Icephreak

Post by Icephreak »

Good foresight on your part for the instructions for two operating systems. Silly me for forgetting. I'm on Windows for now, but your *NIX advice will be useful to me when I boot into Linux.

Thanks much,

- IP