Importing Mozilla mail to another Mozilla profile

Discussion of general topics about Seamonkey
MODatic

Importing Mozilla mail to another Mozilla profile

Post by MODatic »

I'm trying to import my mail messages from one Mozilla profile to another. According to the FAQ, this is done by copying the contents of the mail folder in your profile and adding it to the mail folder in the destination profile. I have done this without success. Are there prefs I need to update? Tools>>Import has nothing that'll help me import them. I'm using Mozilla 1.2.1 on a nice new clean profile on WinXP.
Cheers,
MODatic ;)
nicubunu

Post by nicubunu »

No need to update anything. Are you sure that source and destination directories are the right ones ?
You can find the location of files in Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings->Server Setings under Local directory
nicu
<a href="http://openclipart.org">Drawing Together :: The Open Clip Art Library</a>
MODatic

Post by MODatic »

Yes I'm sure that the source and destinations are the same places except within a different profile. I've played with the mozilla profile before and am familiar with its layout.

nicubunu wrote:You can find the location of files in Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings->Server Setings under Local directory

When I go into Mail & Newsgroups Account settings, all I see is Local folders and Outgoing Server since I haven't added any accounts since I've only been trying to import the messages. Under Local Folders I can specify a different local directory but that'll only let it look in another place for the local directory. Do I have to create another account and repoint the messages it's looking at? (via rename)
Cheers,
MODatic ;)
nicubunu

Post by nicubunu »

Yes, create another account and copy the files from the old acoount to the new account.
nicu
<a href="http://openclipart.org">Drawing Together :: The Open Clip Art Library</a>
MODatic

Post by MODatic »

That did it, thanks ;)
Cheers,
MODatic ;)