Who here is sticking with the suite

Discussion of general topics about Seamonkey
therube

Post by therube »

I have no preference for the suite per say.
I do have a preference for the suite browser over FF.
Had they just seperated the Mozilla browser from the suite, & called it FF, that would have been great (IMO).

I do not find any similarity to IE to be an advantage, and would not think it would really be a concern to anyone contemplating switching from IE. And second thought, maybe, there might be a slight advantage.

But whether there is a similarity or not isn't really the point.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Joe1962

Post by Joe1962 »

therube wrote:Had they just seperated the Mozilla browser from the suite, & called it FF, that would have been great (IMO).

I agree. But we'd need a separate Moz Mail, too, since Thunderbird 1.0 suffers from the message-handling slowness that were present in much older versions of Moz Mail.
jaroclay

Post by jaroclay »

Joe1962 wrote:
therube wrote:Had they just seperated the Mozilla browser from the suite, & called it FF, that would have been great (IMO).

I agree. But we'd need a separate Moz Mail, too, since Thunderbird 1.0 suffers from the message-handling slowness that were present in much older versions of Moz Mail.

I agree, also. Ah, what could have been... :-D
Never judge a day by the weather | The best things in life aren't things | Tell the truth - There is less to remember | No rain - No rainbows | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
L Squared

Post by L Squared »

Heck, I moved to Mozilla for the Email. I got tired of Eudora crashing regularly and couldn't figure out Opera's "new paradigm" for Email. I just wish someone would pick up the ball and run with it.
L Squared
Lyle Greg Lisle
Retired EE, Web Wanderer, etc
boogomatic

I'm sticking with "The Suite"

Post by boogomatic »

The Suite does it all and does it well.
-Trenton
jaroclay

Re: I'm sticking with "The Suite"

Post by jaroclay »

boogomatic wrote:The Suite does it all and does it well.

Well said, very well said!! :-D
Never judge a day by the weather | The best things in life aren't things | Tell the truth - There is less to remember | No rain - No rainbows | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
mezziah

Post by mezziah »

I'm also using the suite. It just has everything I need - browser, mail, chat and soo much more. There's no reason for switching to Fx.
What will happen next? You never know.
jj6419

Post by jj6419 »

the suite is my main browser, rss feed aggregator and mail client. i'll stick to it
Scarrow

Post by Scarrow »

I believe txGreg posted a link to a portion of this wiki; however, for those unaware, here's the <a href="http://wiki.mozilla.org/wiki/SeaMonkey:Home_Page">Seamonkey Home Page</a>, specifically.

Hopefully, it should serve as a homebase for Mozilla Suite development; 1.8 and beyond.

At the bottom of the page, you can find the growing Seamonkey Project team.

I'd also recommend the following expansive usenet thread and all its disparate replies:

<a href="http://groups-beta.google.com/group/netscape.public.mozilla.seamonkey/browse_thread/thread/7c9c274484ad138b/c747e02abea32534#c747e02abea32534">Here</a>

For further sagacious commentary and information.
Rickkins

Post by Rickkins »

Scarrow wrote:
I'd also recommend the following expansive usenet thread and all its disparate replies:

<a href="http://groups-beta.google.com/group/netscape.public.mozilla.seamonkey/browse_thread/thread/7c9c274484ad138b/c747e02abea32534#c747e02abea32534">Here</a>

For further sagacious commentary and information.

Hey...I'm in that thread...:D
Woohoo....:D
L Squared

Polling for the Suite?

Post by L Squared »

jasonb wrote:You should turn this into a poll.

Request for Information

How does a "Poll" work? Who set one up? How are visitors directed to the poll? How do we verify results? etc
L Squared
Lyle Greg Lisle
Retired EE, Web Wanderer, etc
Scarrow

Post by Scarrow »

Poll? Where? Here?

Unfortunately, I'm afraid the only place you can create a poll is either in the <a href="http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewforum.php?f=37">tech forum</a>, provided I recall correctly.
And of course, in the <a href="http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewforum.php?f=45">cesspool</a>.
adama

Post by adama »

I plan on using the suite until it's completely obsolete, no support or not! They'll have to pry Mozilla from my cold dead hands. ;)

I just think the suite is a far superior product compared to Firefox. I really don't see what the big deal about Firefox is. It feels like a toy. That's all it is to me. Mozilla feels like a real browser. You could take the suite to war if you had to! It's built like a tank!

So I won't be switching anytime soon... Probably never!

And I too am an old Netscape user. I started out with 3.04 Gold. Those were the good old days eh!

Maybe Firefox is "popular" because people don't know any better? Sure it's better than IE. But then isn't just about anything better than IE?? If Mozilla had pushed the suite like they're pushing Firefox, the suite would be kicking butt right now!

I believe the suite to be superior in all areas. From the UI, to loading, to rendering speed. Firefox completely fails to impress me.

I just hope they decide to at least come out with 1.8 final and replace the 1.7 "stable" branch with 1.8... Now that would make me happy!

Long live Mozilla!
ray alex

Post by ray alex »

Hi! i know i should not be here.(LOL)
I swifted to "The Fox" for 3-4 months ago. Before that i used "The Suite" since the beginning.
I must say with all these nice extensions and for those who want html editing.
"The Fox" combined with "NVU" and "The Bird" works SUPERB for me!.

Just wanted to speak up! cu all...
Mozilla 4 Ever !
Philippe-Pierre

Post by Philippe-Pierre »

Hi my friends,

Yes, another vote for Mozilla (I use it as a browser only).
I use FF 1.0.1 or 0.8 from time to time -- but Mozilla is my favourite by far..
It has the fonctionnalities I need (the "Tools" menu rocks), supports the extensions I want to use, is super-stable; official releases let me choose between gtk1 and gtk2+xft builds... Besides, great open source software whithout a hype organized for “market share penetration”.
(I know what seems to be happening to the Suite, I'm sad about it, but -- I'll stick to it!)

Long live Mozilla. ;)
Regards

Philippe-Pierre a.k.a. pierre_h
----
* Dedicated to software which sucks less ... http://suckless.org/