Seamonkey Project - Proposed Alternative Name Archive.

Discussion of general topics about Seamonkey
Joe1962

Post by Joe1962 »

I can't wait to see what name was chosen. I shudder to think it was something I won't like, but I guess I can live with it as long as it's still Seamonkey underneath ;)
jaroclay

Post by jaroclay »

Joe1962 wrote:I can't wait to see what name was chosen. I shudder to think it was something I won't like, but I guess I can live with it as long as it's still Seamonkey underneath ;)

Ditto!! :biggrin:
Never judge a day by the weather | The best things in life aren't things | Tell the truth - There is less to remember | No rain - No rainbows | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Trel

Post by Trel »

and is there any news yet?
Waldo

Post by Waldo »

Trel wrote:and is there any news yet?
They'll post when there is. (And please, don't spam the rest of us watching this topic in the meantime!)
fuscia

Post by fuscia »

i'm going to keep on calling it 'charlie horse' no matter what they name it.
Pim

Post by Pim »

But it's really an Artemia Salina. Don't you think it would cause confusion if you keep referring to the Artemia Salina as 'charlie horse'?
Groetjes, Pim
rmbox

Post by rmbox »

Guess I saw this a little late...

In deference to it's past, I kind of like the closely related name
"Mariner Internet Suite"
but suspect a more unique version such as
"Moz-mariner" or "Web-mariner" would have to be used.

When trying to relate it to the Book of Mozilla, 7:15
(like the FF and TB are - "gazed down"... "cast fire and thunder")
and the Mozilla star logo I thought
"Stargaze Internet Suite"
or perhaps
"Stargazer Internet Suite"
could be appropriate.

:-)
BenBasson

Post by BenBasson »

rmbox wrote:Guess I saw this a little late...

Yes, considering they've already decided upon a name and are establishing a trademark.
rmbox

Post by rmbox »

Thanks Cusser...

This post was sooo long I didn't wade all the way through it but the posts at the top of this page indicate that a name has not been announced.

So the actual value of my two cents remains the same...

;-)
BenBasson

Post by BenBasson »

rmbox wrote:This post was sooo long I didn't wade all the way through it but the posts at the top of this page indicate that a name has not been announced.

Well, you're right that no name has been announced, but one has been chosen. I guess we'll all have to wait and see.
mv ri

Post by mv ri »

I think we might want to nix the name "Marzipan". The guys at http://www.homestarrunner.com might not appreciate the name of one of their characters being used. And besides, I'm sure they've got it copyrighted and trademarked and the whole nine yards.
KaiRo

Post by KaiRo »

mv ri an others, I can assure you that we went through the whole list of rpoposed names, and we don't have chosen a name that has trademark implications. Trademark lawyers have told us months ago that they had some minor things to look at closer, but no major roadblocks for registering it. And as we heard no negative answer for quite some time yet, we are pretty confident we'll get that one registered.

I hope I/we can tell you more soon... Please stay patient - we have to as well :-/
"Sometimes the roads we take do not turn out to be the roads we envisioned them to be" - Garth Brooks, booklet "the hits"
BenBasson

Post by BenBasson »

mv ri wrote:I think we might want to nix the name "Marzipan". The guys at http://www.homestarrunner.com might not appreciate the name of one of their characters being used. And besides, I'm sure they've got it copyrighted and trademarked and the whole nine yards.

I don't think you can possibly trademark a cake ingredient.
logixoul

Post by logixoul »

EDIT: oops sorry. I was too lazy to read 13 pages and didn't know that you've chosen a name already. sorry again. please delete this post.

1. Iceturtle.
Has analogy with Firefox, Thunderbird, Seamonkey, Sunbird. I was thinking about starting my own standalone XUL project with that name when XulRunner goes out of beta, but here it is, my genius idea, it's yours to use as you like :D .
2. Chamabro
CHAt+MAil+BROwser
3. Openet
OPEN+nET
3. controlnet, cybernet, datanet, energynet, freenet, freedomnet, hardnet, heavynet, icenet, logicnet, explosivenet, metalnet, systemnet, digitalnet, absolutenet, powernet, instinctnet, truenet, reflexnet, knowledgenet, naturenet, complexnet, wisenet, codenet, realnet, visionnet, technonet, observenet, activenet, maximalnet, perfectnet, idealnet, wisdomnet, machinenet, infinitenet, infinitynet, resourcenet, centernet, centralnet, perspectivenet, meganet, supernet, ultranet, hypernet, extranet, electronicnet, opticalnet, electronet, realitynet, effectnet, gravitynet, magicnet, automaticnet, nanonet, strongnet, factnet, lifenet, ideanet, generationnet, wildnet, originalnet, devilnet, amazingnet, coldnet, enginenet, violencenet, imaginenet, massivenet, speednet, cataclismnet, nuclearnet, staticnet, dynamicnet, modernnet, identifynet, naturalnet, blessnet, worldnet, reactnet, ultimatenet, giganet, errornet, kernelnet, humannet, compactnet, expressnet, manianet, matrixnet, mindnet, crazynet, attentionnet, sciencenet, securitynet, attractnet, attractivenet, madnet, micronet, distoritionnet, labnet, destructivenet, freshnet, structurenet, creativenet, destructionnet, damagenet, demonnet, physicsnet, culturenet, paradoxnet, demolitionnet, steelnet, sectornet, universenet, universalnet, uniquenet, computernet, neutralnet, visualnet, warenet, basenet, acidnet, forcenet, spacenet, coolnet, breaknet, artnet, supernet, progressnet, correctnet, industrynet, explosionnet, interestnet, processnet, thinknet, smartnet, memorynet, stealthnet, gravitionalnet, extremenet, actualnet, risknet, heavennet, purenet, calculatenet, laboratorynet, intelligencenet, primitivenet, sharpnet, graphicnet, inspirenet, brutalnet, informationnet, futurenet, solutionnet, computernet, psychonet, purenet, geneticnet, intelectnet, grafittinet, fiercenet, negativenet, modelnet, positivenet, soulnet, figurenet, crossnet, sprintnet, sensenet, valuenet, identitynet, instructionnet, illegalnet, totalnet, elitenet, virtualnet, abstractnet, fantasticnet, alternativenet, liquidnet, operationnet, generalnet, angelnet, perspectivenet, directnet, lightningnet, darknessnet, crystalnet, integralnet, mentalnet, cosmosnet, warnet
(OK, maybe I wrote a little bit too much... :) :) . feel free to filter out the stupid ones. i was just writing almost without thinking. just most of these names sound cool to me. also, maybe some capitalization would be appopriate. and probably net is not the best suffix... but that's what my puny mind could think of :D )

I hope this helps at least a bit.
xandman

Post by xandman »

Personally, I'd rather not see NET anywhere in the name. It's the internet equivilent of "o-matic."

I just want to know!! I don't wait very well.