Welcome to the new Mozillazine Forums!

Discussion of general topics about Seamonkey
kerz
mozillaZine Admin

Welcome to the new Mozillazine Forums!

Post by kerz »

Hopefully these will meet our needs a little better than the old Phorum ones. If you have problems with them, please let us know in the MZ bugs Forum. Enjoy!

jason :D
bertilow

Not valid

Post by bertilow »

The new forums look very nice, and they seem to work nicely too. But it's a pity that the pages are not valid. There seems to be an ugly mix of HTML and XHTML code. Validators don't like such naughty stuff. Mozilla is about standards support, so MozillaZine really ought to use strictly valid code all the time.
hiTCH-HiKER

Post by hiTCH-HiKER »

This Forum is much better than the old one.
Here you can edit your messages and its not such a mess like the old one ;)
fruitcake

Post by fruitcake »

I still think it's a pity that Bezilla (Mozilla for BeOS) has to have its own forum.....which looks awful and marginalizes BeOS even more than it already is.
Could both sides please reconsider ?

( Here's Bezilla's forum: http://www.bezilla.org/modules.php?op=m ... file=index )
chrisMage

Post by chrisMage »

phpBB is exponentially better than phorum. Its theme doesn't match the site yet, but I'm sure that will come in time.

I wrote the theme for my website's forum
(cyanide forums)
I'm willing to help out with a mozillaZine-ish theme, if whoever's in charge is interested.
tny

Marginalizing BeOS *more than it already is*?

Post by tny »

fruitcake wrote:I still think it's a pity that Bezilla (Mozilla for BeOS) has to have its own forum.....which looks awful and marginalizes BeOS even more than it already is.
Could both sides please reconsider ?

( Here's Bezilla's forum: http://www.bezilla.org/modules.php?op=m ... file=index )

I hate to say this, as BeOS is a great OS, but how could anything marginalize BeOS more than the fact that the company is defunct and the closed-source OS abandoned by its developers? It's basically in the position of Amiga, but with a bigger user community and more compatible hardware.

This isn't necessarily an argument in favor of excluding it from MozillaZine, just making the point that your rhetoric here is a little offtone.
fruitcake

Post by fruitcake »

The focus is that BeZilla keeps on developing and of course I didn't mean marginalizing BeOS as a company, but I was thinking about people's familiarity with this OS, which is still available.

Remarks about other people being offtone, are more offtopic than mentioning BeZilla here is.