Tab options in about:config?

Discussion of general topics about Seamonkey
vazhavandan

Re: Tab options in about:config?

Post by vazhavandan »

CMonkeyBloke wrote:
Ztruker wrote:I use Seatab-X. I like having an X on each tab.

We appear to be in the minority. :wink:

No most of Fx users see this x on each tab
CMonkeyBloke

Post by CMonkeyBloke »

vazhavandan wrote:
CMonkeyBloke wrote:

We appear to be in the minority. :wink:

No most of Fx users see this x on each tab

Well, I was thinking of SM users in general.
wasleys

Post by wasleys »

Me too.
CatThief

Post by CatThief »

Just for the record, my own SeaTab X extension supported a maxVersion of 2.15.* (as specified inside my server-side update.rdf) My involvement with development ended and the extension was retired. I take no responsibility for any ports to 2.16 causing breakage. :wink:

BUT, to add to the confusion, the "2.16 bug" is showing up in the newly-released SeaMonkey 2.15.1, so I'll make a maxVersion change on my server but I can't guarantee it will disable extensions that already passed the compatibility check. Sigh. It's always something. :roll:
Still passionate for Mozilla themes and extensions, just not actively developing them for public release anymore.
DJGM

Post by DJGM »

CMonkeyBloke wrote:
TPR75 wrote:
CMonkeyBloke wrote:Does anyone know a way to alter tab options in about:config to add a close button to each tab? Thanks.

You can use middle mouse button to close tabs... :-"

On a laptop?
:roll:

Plug in a mouse, and click the scrollwhell on any tab to close it. Simples! Having [x] on each tab,
is superfluous, it's redundant, it's unnecessary. Using a mouse is much better than a trackpad.
CMonkeyBloke

Post by CMonkeyBloke »

DJGM wrote:Plug in a mouse, and click the scrollwhell on any tab to close it. Simples! Having [x] on each tab,
is superfluous, it's redundant, it's unnecessary. Using a mouse is much better than a trackpad.

Yes, it's very easy to say this, but it kind of negates the idea of a portable notebook. I'm not a huge fan of trackpads myself & often have extensions on my laptop & notebook to compensate. Tab Clicking Options makes it easy for me on my notebook as I can just double tap the trackpad to close the tab. Ctrl - W works as well.
DoYouWantKarate

Post by DoYouWantKarate »

DJGM wrote:Plug in a mouse, and click the scrollwhell on any tab to close it. Simples! Having [x] on each tab,

...Unless you are using SeaMonkey from the couch on your HTPC (as I am) in which case using a the trackball built into your wireless keyboard (as I am) is much better.

Anyone found a SeaTab X replacement for SM yet?
Ztruker

Post by Ztruker »

I'm still using Cattheif's SeaTabX 1.1.3 with SM 2.21.

I have it in my Dropbox account: https://www.dropbox.com/s/691dn4dglrqzv3l/seatabx-sm21.xpi
Last edited by rsx11m on October 6th, 2013, 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: made link to potentially buggy non-official XPI file unclickable, please copy-paste if you want to try it
Rich
Do, or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
CatThief

Post by CatThief »

Ztruker wrote:I'm still using Cattheif's SeaTabX 1.1.3 with SM 2.21.

I have it in my Dropbox account: https://www.dropbox.com/s/691dn4dglrqzv3l/seatabx-sm21.xpi

This is a public redistribution of an extension that was not updated by me to support the latest or recent versions of SeaMonkey. You WILL discover breakage when you drag/drop tabs. It's a duplication issue that was reported and documented ages ago, but I have since discontinued active development on public releases therefore it was never fixed. Use at your own "risk". ;)
Last edited by rsx11m on October 6th, 2013, 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: made link to potentially buggy non-official XPI file unclickable
Still passionate for Mozilla themes and extensions, just not actively developing them for public release anymore.
Ztruker

Post by Ztruker »

It does work for me though, nary a problem.

Would you like me to delete it from Dropbox?
Rich
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

I've disabled the links, thus people don't accidentally download and install the XPI file. So, if they really want to test it, they can still copy-paste the URL manually.

It probably depends on the license of the original extension whether or not a public redistribution is appropriate, I'll leave this up to CatThief to comment on. :-"
CatThief

Post by CatThief »

rsx11m wrote:I've disabled the links, thus people don't accidentally download and install the XPI file. So, if they really want to test it, they can still copy-paste the URL manually.

It probably depends on the license of the original extension whether or not a public redistribution is appropriate, I'll leave this up to CatThief to comment on. :-"

Well, the license is inside the extension file. The terms of use shoud be pretty clear.
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

Yeah, ok. That all-caps text in license.txt should be fairly unambiguous.
Ztruker, did you read that? :doubt:
CatThief

Post by CatThief »

rsx11m wrote:Yeah, ok. That all-caps text in license.txt should be fairly unambiguous.
Ztruker, did you read that? :doubt:

At this point in time I'm not going to nit pick on someone posting a download link, as long as the file has not been modified. I just want to remind folks that there is an issue if it is force-installed.

BTW, someone did in fact contact me for permission to continue the project so hopefully it will be resurrected in the future.
Ztruker

Post by Ztruker »

All I have is the .xpi file. It would be great if came alive again.
Rich