SeaMonkey 2.33/2.33.1 have been released!

Discussion of general topics about Seamonkey
Anonymosity

Re: SeaMonkey 2.33/2.33.1 have been released!

Post by Anonymosity »

barbaz wrote:(Been using "SeaMonkey 2.34" as my everyday browser on Mac OS X & Linux for some time :wink:
Only hit one snag - a snag most people would never run into at that - which I wrote about @ viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2928683 ; otherwise, works well.)

Where did you get version 2.34? The only versions I can find in the Nightly builds are alpha versions. I cannot even find the experimental versions by number any more. How does one interpret the nightly listings on the FTP site?
therube

Post by therube »

"self build", he builds it himself.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

Yeah, I make my own builds from source code, gives me more flexibility in what I run and when I get security fixes, etc.
If your timing is right you might be able to get your hands on official tinderbox builds, but don't use them unless you are *really sure* of what you are doing and you have external backups of everything, and test them before you run them as your everyday browser. Also if you find bugs in them you should report to Bugzilla if someone else hasn't already, because that's kind of the whole reason these builds are publicly available.

Code: Select all

https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/seamonkey/tinderbox-builds/

EDIT Oops, missed rsx11m's prior post.
rsx11m wrote:Weird though that you had to disable it explicitly, on Linux I had no problems building without that switch (that's a trunk build, though).

Not "have to", I choose to. :wink:
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

Oh, you are actually using those switches on purpose and not just to work around build failures? :lol:
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

rsx11m wrote:Oh, you are actually using those switches on purpose and not just to work around build failures? :lol:

Correct - actually it was originally intended to be used for the reasons I use it. (In fact sometimes quite the opposite of work around build failures: using --disable-eme has actually caused build failures for me in the past and I filed a bug about it :mrgreen: You can read about that in the bug (it's not the one I linked) if you want.)

The only place I use switches to work around build failures is on my Mac builds where I need to start with the official mozconfig for universal binaries, I delete some stuff that's not relevant (or bad) for my unofficial builds, add the --disable-eme switch, but also a couple other switches are needed (as overrides for options set somewhere in the official mozconfigs) because my system is too different from the official Mac build machines.

(And --disable-eme isn't the only build switch I have used "because I can and want to", but the other such incidents are not SeaMonkey builds, so save that for another topic.)
Zerebralus

Post by Zerebralus »

so any (good) news from the last meeting?
therube

Post by therube »

Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

Better reading may be the actual meeting log, given that the notes may not have seen all updates necessary to reflect what was discussed...
4td8s

Post by 4td8s »

DJGM wrote:
DJGM wrote:Any idea why there's been no SeaMonkey 2.34 (built upon Gecko v37) release yet? It's a bit overdue.

No worries ... found the answers on the SM blog. Needing to upgrade the OS on the Windows build servers it would seem.
I'd donate one of my Windows Server 2008 or 2012 product keys from my old Technet subscription if that would help in
any way, but I doubt the beancounters at Redmond would take too kindly to that!

The Windows build servers NEED to be upgraded from Windows Server 2003 to either 2008 or 2012 BEFORE mid-July 2015 as Microsoft will end support for Windows 2003 on July 14, 2015 noted on this Microsoft page:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/server-c ... rver-2003/
AND Microsoft Visual Studio needs to be upgraded to VS2013 as well.

Those people building SM on Windows should pick up the pace and upgrade those Windows build machines very soon or risk their Windows machines being exposed to security threats that will no longer be patched by Microsoft beyond mid-July 2015.
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

Thanks for your contribution. Don't you think they have been trying that for the last couple of months? Coming to your mind that this may depend on others (e.g., Mozilla's server management) as well, not just the SeaMonkey release engineers?