SM 2.35 end of May?

Discussion of general topics about Seamonkey
barbaz

Re: SM 2.35 end of May?

Post by barbaz »

Hmm... I was testing local files... but the exact same swf, but online, does respond to the keyboard?
So Flash keyboard is broken for local swf files.

I do have a local server, so I can work around this... but why is it happening in the first place? :?:
I'll have to investigate more later. It is possible it's some weird interaction with NoScript or something.
I'll start another thread if I don't solve it.
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

Are you sure you don't have Shumway enabled or something? I don't think you can just directly play local swf files in Firefox/SM.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

patrickjdempsey wrote:Are you sure you don't have Shumway enabled or something?

No Shumway, just Adobe Shockwave Flash plugin 17.0.0.134.
I need to go through the whole clean profile deal to double check that this isn't an extension or oddball preference.

patrickjdempsey wrote:I don't think you can just directly play local swf files in Firefox.

I've always been able to no problem, until this. But embedding in a local (file://...) webpage doesn't help.
But that reminds me, I suppose I've got another possible workaround - I still have an ancient Firefox install lying around on this machine, I'd forgotten about it. Thanks.. :)
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

I've posted viewtopic.php?f=40&t=2935775 on my Flash keyboard problem.
patrickjdempsey

Not much news from the most recent meeting. The folks who would be most likely to have answers were not in today's meeting, but it looks like getting a machine setup to build SM for Windows is too much of a bother for Mozilla, and even just getting a loaner machine to do secure contributed builds is also not progressing.

Meeting log with off-topic banter redacted for easier reading:

Code: Select all

12:34   IanN    Release Train
12:34   IanN    I need to catch up with ewong / callek on 2.35
12:34   Ratty   IanN: update Callek isn't too happy with the proposal for using contributed builds for 2.35
12:35   Ratty   he's worried about malware sneaking in.
12:35   Ratty   Callek says he can give us a loaner win machine for us (i.e. ewong) to do some manual builds
12:36   IanN    Ratty: that's why it probably needs to be someone like ewong doing the builds locally
12:36   Ratty   right.
12:36   IanN     Ratty: so it is more "contributed" rather than contributed
~~~
12:39   rsx11m   So, getting a loaner is easier than finally getting them to update the Windows OS version?
~~~
12:42   Ratty   rsx11m: Callek as a moco employee has direct control over loaner machines so he can lend us one. Re-imaging a Win2008k machine depends on other people in devops/releng and their cooperation
12:43   rsx11m   ok, still weird that they can't get this done in reasonable time - you'd think it's an afternoon of work to get the basic image... :?
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
LuvKomputrs

Post by LuvKomputrs »

@patrickdempsey,
Thanks very much for posting that. Going to be patient on getting the next stable version of SeaMonkey for Windows.
Perhaps the reason that the folks most likely to have answers weren't in the meeting is because they're busily working on releasing the next stable version of SeaMonkey. :wink:
And good things do come to those who wait. ;)
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

barbaz wrote:Hmm... I was testing local files... but the exact same swf, but online, does respond to the keyboard?
So Flash keyboard is broken for local swf files.

I do have a local server, so I can work around this... but why is it happening in the first place? :?:
I'll have to investigate more later. It is possible it's some weird interaction with NoScript or something.
I'll start another thread if I don't solve it.

I might be misunderstanding the problem, but why can you not associate the .swf extension with whatever application you want to play it, then double-click the filename to play the file? There is no special key required to do that.
patrickjdempsey

LuvKomputrs wrote:Perhaps the reason that the folks most likely to have answers weren't in the meeting is because they're busily working on releasing the next stable version of SeaMonkey. :wink:

One can dream, right? Unfortunately I don't think so. ewong posted later and made no mention of that. Probably just busy.
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

Anonymosity wrote:I might be misunderstanding the problem, but why can you not associate the .swf extension with whatever application you want to play it, then double-click the filename to play the file? There is no special key required to do that.

I do that (associate it with SeaMonkey.app) and it works all fine.
The problem is inside the swf, like Flash games wouldn't respond to the keyboard. Please see my other thread and post there if you have more questions.
LuvKomputrs

Post by LuvKomputrs »

https://blog.seamonkey-project.org/2015/04/30/questions-about-2-34-and-2-35/

Rainer Bielefeld | May 28, 2015 at 7:20 pm | Reply
@gab:
We are going to get some progress with unofficial Trunk Test builds, see “Bug 1169140 – Make available existing private WIN32 builds for testing”.

This looks very promising regarding SeaMonkey 2.35 :)
4td8s

Post by 4td8s »

LuvKomputrs wrote:https://blog.seamonkey-project.org/2015/04/30/questions-about-2-34-and-2-35/

Rainer Bielefeld | May 28, 2015 at 7:20 pm | Reply
@gab:
We are going to get some progress with unofficial Trunk Test builds, see “Bug 1169140 – Make available existing private WIN32 builds for testing”.

This looks very promising regarding SeaMonkey 2.35 :)

well they better post up the download links for the new private win32 builds of SM by either Sat May 30 or Sun May 31. the month of May is almost over.
therube

Post by therube »

SeaMonkey Windows Builds, if you wish.
These are 2.37a2 & 2.38a1 - not 2.35, builds from May 22.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
patrickjdempsey

4td8s wrote:well they better post up the download links for the new private win32 builds of SM by either Sat May 30 or Sun May 31. the month of May is almost over.

You are misreading. Private builds is not a path towards a Release, but just to give "Beta" testers and addons authors access because it's likely once the build machines are up they will want to push for a release ASAP.
patrickjdempsey

Also, for those curious, since it does not look like a chemspill release is coming, you can manually disable the Logjam exploit in about:config:

Search for .dhe and double-click any that are true and set to false. I believe there are only 3.
LuvKomputrs

Post by LuvKomputrs »

therube wrote:SeaMonkey Windows Builds, if you wish.
These are 2.37a2 & 2.38a1 - not 2.35, builds from May 22.

Thanks Very Much for the link regarding the SeaMonkey Windows Builds :)
Got it up and running and it's working very smoothly! :D
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f23/LuvKomputrs/SMbuild_zpsrrudngkn.png
Last edited by LuvKomputrs on May 30th, 2015, 8:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.