Warning on exit by keyboard

Discussion of general topics about Seamonkey
raj_bhaskar

Warning on exit by keyboard

Post by raj_bhaskar »

Hi all,
I don't suppose there's a pref that puts up a warning if you exit by keyboard shortcut (ctrl-Q, alt-F4 etc)? I know about the 'browser.tabs.warnOnClose' pref, but I don't want warned if I press the close button or menu, just via the keyboard. I've twice recently lost work by accidentally closing the browser as I was reaching for another combo. If not, is there an extension, or should I file a bug?
therube

Re: Warning on exit by keyboard

Post by therube »

Is Ctrl+Q different from clicking the Close button?
Can't see where it can be any different from File | Exit.

If the first case is different, then you would think you could capture/test each event & then change the logic of what happens next.

How about if you remap (or disable) Ctrl+Q?

Even if you accidentally Ctlr+Q'd, couldn't you just pick up from where you were from Session Restore?

Bug? I'd imagine there are existing bugs in this realm? (Gets confusing to me, generally. I love Ctrl+Q & hate that FF does not have it. browser.tabs.warnOnClose at default, 'true', has always for my work-style.)

(One such, Bug 1190132 - browser.tabs.warnOnClose ignored for last window when browser.warnOnQuit is false.)
Last edited by therube on August 12th, 2015, 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
morat

Post by morat »

You can change the ctrl+q shortcut with the keyconfig extension.

Code: Select all

function ApplicationIsQuitting() {
  return Services.prompt.confirm(window, "Confirm quit", "Do you want to quit?");
}
if (ApplicationIsQuitting()) {
  goQuitApplication();
}
raj_bhaskar

Post by raj_bhaskar »

Morat: that's brilliant, thanks. Does the job great (although I haven't been keeping up with the whole extension signing thing: will unsigned extensions continue to work in SeaMonkey after Firefox bans them?)
morat

Post by morat »

Jorge Villalobos wrote:Signature verification will be limited to Firefox, and there are no plans to implement this in Thunderbird or SeaMonkey at the moment.

Introducing Extension Signing: A Safer Add-on Experience
https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2015/02 ... xperience/
therube

Post by therube »

Extension signing should not affect SeaMonkey at all, as in it should not apply to SeaMonkey.
So if an extension is signed, it will work, if it is not signed, it will still work (just as its always been).
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript