SeaMonkey 2.35 has been released!

Discussion of general topics about Seamonkey
rsx11m

SeaMonkey 2.35 has been released!

Post by rsx11m »

Finally! 8-)

After a long string of fighting with platform upgrades, SeaMonkey 2.35 has been released on September 3rd (version 2.34 was skipped).

Official announcement and release notes:
Security fixes:
  • The list of known vulnerabilities hasn't been updated for SeaMonkey 2.35 yet. As a reference, there were 51 Firefox/Thunderbird fixes which should also affect SeaMonkey and were fixed there, 17 of which were critical.

This release is off the ESR 38 repository, which is a one-time solution to keep up with the platform changes. The next release is planned to be 2.38, thus resynchronizing with the rapid-release schedule.

Known Issue:

The server certificate has expired and needed to be replaced. Consequently, if you update from 2.33.1 or earlier with the built-in "Check for Updates" function, you may receive a message stating "Something is trying to trick SeaMonkey into accepting an insecure update." Note that this is not an indication that your system or the server has been compromised; rather, download the full installer from http://www.seamonkey-project.org/ which will also contain the new certificate for future updates.
patrickjdempsey

Re: SeaMonkey 2.35 has been released!

Post by patrickjdempsey »

Partial list of things fixed in SeaMonkey 2.35:

- Show bookmarks sidebar panel in non-browser windows
- Add search suggestions to the DuckDuckGo search engine
- Make search engine alias editable - (I can't actually get this to work.)
- Fixed "View -> Page Info: Copy"
- Findbar result listeners sometimes missing -- Find bar no longer opens with autostart or with / or ' keys
- Need to refactor SeaMonkey Preferences and UI because Bug 530209 replaced the browser.urlbar.default.behavior preference with a more flexible scheme.
- Add a menuitem in the bookmarks context menu to "open in a private window".
- Extend help for tracking protection by descriptions for new notification bar and its preference
- Inputting 29th Feb as a birthday in the addressbook contact replaces it with 1st Mar. -- Some birthdays are off by one day in Thunderbird's addressbook
- The Properties button and context menuitem should be disabled when multiple cards are selected.
- Make From header editable per-message
- Fixed pictures shown in newsgroup posting bodies
- Display-name with comma in it does not get properly quoted in From: field
- Cannot Print from Composer and other <editor> elements
- Add some UI to easily insert mathematical symbols into the LaTeX input box
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
therube

Post by therube »

:-).

(I usually leave threads like this at that, but I must say, seems to be working quite well, on both lowly XP machines & on a bit more powerful Win7 too. I actually expected to have issues - of some sort or another, but so far, its turned out to be trouble-free.)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

patrickjdempsey wrote:Partial list of things fixed in SeaMonkey 2.35:

- Show bookmarks sidebar panel in non-browser windows
etc.

How can one display a sidebar from one application in a different application window? If I wanted a list of bookmarks in my text editor window, that might be handy, but how would I get that to happen?
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

You launch the sidebar via F9. This worked in the past, but when you selected the Bookmarks tab, the results were empty because the non-browser windows were not loading them properly.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

For one thing, F9 on Mac OS is part of Exposé, so the operating system pre-empts it. If I want to open the sidebar, I have to use the View menu, since the shortcuts that are supposed to work on the sidebar are not working with this version of SeaMonkey. (I never noticed that before now - shows how much I use the sidebar.) The only window for SM where I can view the sidebar other than the browser window is the editor window. Bookmarks do appear there.
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

rsx11m wrote:This release is off the ESR 38 repository, which is a one-time solution to keep up with the platform changes. The next release is planned to be 2.38, thus resynchronizing with the rapid-release schedule.

SM 2.38 is planned to be released on Saturday, September 26th.
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

It's out, back on schedule! =D>
See viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2964365