MozillaZine

SeaMonkey 2.39 has been released!

Discussion of general topics about Seamonkey
Anonymosity
 
Posts: 8452
Joined: May 7th, 2007, 12:07 pm

Post Posted November 10th, 2015, 2:07 pm

Firefox 3 theme for SeaMonkey is working for me. I did patch it in places using Early Blue theme as a guide, though.

patrickjdempsey

User avatar
 
Posts: 23734
Joined: October 23rd, 2008, 11:43 am
Location: Asheville NC

Post Posted November 10th, 2015, 4:03 pm

Ironically, Mozilla is looking for someone to throw a million dollars at right now.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/

ndebord

User avatar
 
Posts: 736
Joined: December 7th, 2002, 9:53 am

Post Posted November 10th, 2015, 8:15 pm

patrickjdempsey wrote:Ironically, Mozilla is looking for someone to throw a million dollars at right now.


patrickjdempsey,

Say what?
-N-

Dell Venue Pro 8 5830, Windows 10 Home, AvastFree and Scotty is on Patrol
Dulce bellum inexpertis

ndebord

User avatar
 
Posts: 736
Joined: December 7th, 2002, 9:53 am

Post Posted November 10th, 2015, 8:59 pm

rsx11m wrote:ndebord, thanks for looking up the details. Netscape was AOL, whoever owns that now... 8-)

The SeaMonkey community is actually registered already as a non-profit in Europe (either mnyromyr or mcsmurf set that up), which makes sense given that the key players are living there. Thus, using the European counterpart (if there is any) might be another option, given that it's established there already.


rsx11m,

Last listed owner of the Netscape trademark is AOL. It does not show up in records as being transferred to anybody. How about Mosaic, did Andreessen obtain trademark for Mosaic in 1997 when he left university? Lots of questions, as the name is important.


As for tech, I do work with one tech college, mentoring youth in tech literacy here in Brooklyn. I do not have a tech background though and no current contacts in that growing industry.
-N-

Dell Venue Pro 8 5830, Windows 10 Home, AvastFree and Scotty is on Patrol
Dulce bellum inexpertis

patrickjdempsey

User avatar
 
Posts: 23734
Joined: October 23rd, 2008, 11:43 am
Location: Asheville NC

Post Posted November 10th, 2015, 10:00 pm

ndebord wrote:
patrickjdempsey wrote:Ironically, Mozilla is looking for someone to throw a million dollars at right now.


patrickjdempsey,

Say what?


viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2969657
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/

sothron
 
Posts: 19
Joined: April 30th, 2014, 9:14 am

Post Posted November 11th, 2015, 2:36 pm

Anonymosity wrote:Firefox 3 theme for SeaMonkey is working for me. I did patch it in places using Early Blue theme as a guide, though.


Interesting. When I hit on the update to 2.39 it tells me the following themes will not work and the only one I use is Firefox 3 theme. I will not upgrade unless that theme can work. Literally the only reason I use SM as my only browser is because it looks like old Firefox.

Frank Lion

User avatar
 
Posts: 19416
Joined: April 23rd, 2004, 6:59 pm
Location: ... The Exorcist....United Kingdom

Post Posted November 11th, 2015, 3:18 pm

sothron wrote:I will not upgrade unless that theme can work. Literally the only reason I use SM as my only browser is because it looks like old Firefox.

With that attitude I don't think anyone here is going to care if you update or not, or even continue to use SM at all, for that matter.
Metal Lion latest SeaMonkey & Thunderbird Themes - Sea Monkey and Silver Sea Monkey
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)

sothron
 
Posts: 19
Joined: April 30th, 2014, 9:14 am

Post Posted November 11th, 2015, 3:48 pm

Frank Lion wrote:
sothron wrote:I will not upgrade unless that theme can work. Literally the only reason I use SM as my only browser is because it looks like old Firefox.

With that attitude I don't think anyone here is going to care if you update or not, or even continue to use SM at all, for that matter.


What a completely unnecessary personal attack. And you commented on my attitude? :-"

Anonymosity
 
Posts: 8452
Joined: May 7th, 2007, 12:07 pm

Post Posted November 11th, 2015, 3:56 pm

sothron wrote:
Anonymosity wrote:Firefox 3 theme for SeaMonkey is working for me. I did patch it in places using Early Blue theme as a guide, though.


Interesting. When I hit on the update to 2.39 it tells me the following themes will not work and the only one I use is Firefox 3 theme. I will not upgrade unless that theme can work. Literally the only reason I use SM as my only browser is because it looks like old Firefox.

I bet the problem is that you did not bump up the max version in install.rdf in the root directory of the .xpi file. I download the theme (right-click the istall button and choose to save) rather than installing right away and do that as a matter of course, then install manually.

ElTxolo

User avatar
 
Posts: 2240
Joined: July 30th, 2007, 9:35 am
Location: Localhost

Post Posted November 12th, 2015, 7:34 am

sothron wrote:.... I will not upgrade unless that theme can work. Literally the only reason I use SM as my only browser is because it looks like old Firefox.

How to Ask Questions The Smart Way - How to Report Bugs Effectively ;)
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20171015 SeaMonkey/2.49.1
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:54.0) Gecko/20170619 SeaMonkey/2.51

barbaz
 
Posts: 1677
Joined: October 1st, 2014, 3:25 pm

Post Posted November 12th, 2015, 4:08 pm

Startup time is MUCH faster than 2.35 (used to be about 8 seconds for my profile, now the browser window comes up instantly and finishes loading in about 2-3 seconds) :D
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!

Return to SeaMonkey General


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest