userchrome help / removing status bar buttons?

Discussion of general topics about Seamonkey
stevensegalfan4000

userchrome help / removing status bar buttons?

Post by stevensegalfan4000 »

Hi,

I want to remove the buttons from the status bar (the browser, mail&newsgroups, composer, etc).
The problem is I have no idea what variable names these use, and I have no idea how to find out what they are.

I tried installing DOM inspector but then I couldn't find the chrome URLs for the browser.css. Google searching told me chrome://browser/content/browser.css but that just gives a 'not found' error, so I guess that got changed recently.
chrome://about doesn't work either.

I've been searching and searching and now I'm just totally lost. Can anyone give me the proper URL for the browser.css file, or at least point me in the direction of a way that I can use to find the different variable names for stuff, so I can adjust it? I have a basic idea of how to write/edit css files, I just need to know the names.

Or if someone can just tell me how to remove the statusbar buttons, that'd be good too.
stevensegalfan4000

Re: userchrome help / removing status bar buttons?

Looks like I worked it out.

I eventually found out that the chrome URL for the browser window is chrome://navigator/content/navigator.xul
From there I eventually worked out that those icons are part of something called "component-bar".

Adding this to userChrome.css seems to have done what I wanted.

Code: Select all

#component-bar {
display: none !important;
}
Pav78

Post by Pav78 »

Why not just use "View" Show/Hide "Component Bar" unchecked?
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

Pav78 wrote:Why not just use "View" Show/Hide "Component Bar" unchecked?
Well, that option doesn't exist for Chatzilla...
stevensegalfan4000

Pav78, I didn't know that was there, thanks for telling me. Though it was worth working out how to do it that way, because there's no option for hiding the 'security button' or the offline/online thing, and I've now used the same method to hide those too.