Change in Adblock Plus?

Discussion of general topics about Seamonkey
Anonymosity

Change in Adblock Plus?

Post by Anonymosity »

I have noticed that I am unable to do anything with my customized filter list in Adblock Plus these days, except delete items. I used to be able to edit items and add new ones, but that no longer works. What is going on with that? Is it something that got changed about the extension's behaviour, or a change in SeaMonkey? I now have to edit patterns.ini in the adblockplus folder in the profile to make a change in my customized blocklist.
TPR75

Re: Change in Adblock Plus?

Post by TPR75 »

Anonymosity wrote:I have noticed that I am unable to do anything with my customized filter list in Adblock Plus these days, except delete items.
Did you tried "F2" when filter is selected? It allows to edit it.

EDIT: Ah, sorry! Apple computer... #-o
--
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

F2 does not help. Try typing anything, and the view changes to the other pane.
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

Is this issue Mac OS X specific?
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

Anonymosity wrote:F2 does not help. Try typing anything, and the view changes to the other pane.
Damn! You're right! Sorry I didn't tried to write anything after pressing F2... ](*,)
barbaz wrote:Is this issue Mac OS X specific?
Nope! It looks like ADB+ 2.6.11 is broken. Version 2.6.10 works correct (earlier than that will not work with SM 2.39).

Or it's some "specific" bug in SeaMonkey 2.39... :-k

EDIT: There is workaround. We can enable editing by pressing F2 key or just double click with LMB and PASTE text (and hit Enter to apply). When editing is enabled we can delete using Backspace or Delete keys (arrow keys are working).

Looks like hitting letter keys enables "shortcuts". ADB+ "forgot" that enabling editing of filters should disable "shortcuts".
--
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

I don't see any changes that would do that... maybe I'm missing something though.
https://hg.adblockplus.org/adblockplus/log/1f9d0888cf7e
TPR75 wrote:Or it's some "specific" bug in SeaMonkey 2.39... :-k
Could be wrong but I don't think so somehow, especially that ABP 2.6.10 working fine.
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

barbaz wrote:
TPR75 wrote:Or it's some "specific" bug in SeaMonkey 2.39... :-k
Could be wrong but I don't think so somehow, especially that ABP 2.6.10 working fine.
Well... I can't force SeaManokey 2.39 Portable to work with "-no-remote" switch while 2.38 was working correct. But normal/installed SeaMonkey 2.39 works correct with mentioned switch (and with "P" for other "test" profile). Looks like some "specific" bug... :-k

EDIT: Or maybe this?
https://hg.adblockplus.org/adblockplus/rev/1f9d0888cf7e
--
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

Someone at a newsgroup found a workaround. Toggle accessibility.typeaheadfind to false, and the add and edit work again in Adblock Plus.
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

Anonymosity wrote:Someone at a newsgroup found a workaround. Toggle accessibility.typeaheadfind to false, and the add and edit work again in Adblock Plus.
Function accessibility.typeaheadfind is far more important (at least for me) than editing filters in ADB+ so I'll stick with "mouse&paste" method until it'll be fixed.
--
therube

Post by therube »

"F2" when filter is selected? It allows to edit it
Its failing is quite an ugly bug.

FF has the same failing, though it defaults accessibility.typeaheadfind to 'false', so one is less likely to run into the issue.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

Anonymosity wrote:Someone at a newsgroup found a workaround. Toggle accessibility.typeaheadfind to false, and the add and edit work again in Adblock Plus.
ADB+ v2.6.13 is fixed already.
--