List of chrome URLs

Discussion of general topics about Seamonkey
Anonymosity

List of chrome URLs

Post by Anonymosity »

Is there any up-to-date site that lists all the chrome URLs for SeaMonkey? The only ones I could find are hopelessly out of date. There are a few that must be different now, since the old ones are broken. I have been searching, but I cannot find any updated chrome URL list.
patrickjdempsey

Re: List of chrome URLs

Post by patrickjdempsey »

You mean for opening windows inside of tabs? You can easily discover the chrome URL for any window using DOM Inspector. I really highly recommend learning how to use that extension.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

What about the ones for data management? I could not see those with DOM Inspector. If I open the Data Manager in a tab and then look up File > Inspect Chrome Document in DOM Inspector, all I get is:
1. Data Manager
2. about:blank (my home page)
3. Web Developer
4. about:blank
5. Redirect Cleaner
6. DOM Inspector
If I choose Data Manager, I get chrome://navigator/content/navigator.xul. Not helpful at all.
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

chrome://communicator/content/dataman/dataman.xul (but I can't find this anywhere in the DOM inspector either).
hardys

Post by hardys »

rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

Not for the Data Manager and most other current SeaMonkey chrome URLs ...
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

rsx11m wrote:chrome://communicator/content/dataman/dataman.xul (but I can't find this anywhere in the DOM inspector either).
Yeah, I picked it from the DOMi OK. Those type of pages you pick up via the xml-stylesheet used. This one gives href="chrome://communicator/skin/dataman/dataman.css" type="text/css" for that.

That gives me enough info to know that if I look in chrome://communicator/content/dataman/ then that is where I'll find the relating .xul for it.

For example, the default Addons Manager in SM? One of the xml-stylesheets for that gives - href="chrome://mozapps/content/extensions/extensions.css". Guess where the xul for it is.

As Pat says, it's all about learning/using the DOMi properly. I haven't had to root around finding the actual Firefox or SM files in omni for years now. It's all done via DOMi.

Can't see why a user would have need of that though.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

That list from http://kb.mozillazine.org/Chrome_URLs is for SeaMonkey version 1. Kind of out-of-date. Some of those pathnames work, but some do not.

Somebody suggested that I take another approach: dump out the contents of omni.ja and examine the files there. With a bit of rearrangement of pathnames, I got a large list of .xul file addresses, most of which are not much use. The only useful ones for data management seem to be cookieViewer.xul and dataman.xul. The other isolated data management procedures seem to be broken. The link for allowed websites for Software Installation from Preferences > Advanced simply leads to the data manager without making it easier to isolate that data. That is not what I would call helpful. It is a shame that there seems to be no add-on that will separate the permissions by type and give a list of sites for each one.
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

The about: pages that are shared with Firefox are all xhtml files now.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/