MozillaZine

Thank you to SeaMonkey devs

Discussion of general topics about Seamonkey
jwjones

Post Posted March 23rd, 2016, 12:10 pm

I just wanted to take a moment to thank the SeaMonkey devs for making it possible for me to continue browsing with a Mozilla browser.

I have been using Netscape/Mozilla browsers since the Netscape Navigator (heck, even Mosaic!) days, but I have been unhappy with FF since v.29 and Australis. After trying pretty much every viable browser that's out there, and being disappointed, I had almost settled on using Pale Moon. And then it occurred to me that I had never given SeaMonkey a fair assessment, perhaps because I saw it as fundamentally "Firefox with a suite of other tools."

I'm glad I gave it another chance. This is exactly the browser I want to use, with control over the things I want control over, not a dumbed-down Chrome clone. As a bonus, I can run it on my Mac, Linux, and OpenBSD systems.

Now, if you also get Sync fixed, everything will be perfect! :mrgreen:

Peter Creasey

Post Posted March 24th, 2016, 4:24 am

Well said! I agree with your accolades for the developers. SeaMonkey is much appreciated.

. . . . . Pete
. . . . . . . . . . Pete

Joe1962

Post Posted May 9th, 2016, 11:55 am

Indeed, I "third" that...
I have been a SeaMonkey user since before 1.0, used Mozilla before that, but switched to Opera for a while before "returning" to SeaMonkey.
SM (usually latest stable) on Slackware 14.2 x86_64.

Rob_S

Post Posted May 17th, 2016, 9:10 am

And I fourth it!!

I started with netscape, then ???, then beonex, then seamonkey, and by migrating my profile over numerous differetn computers, I still have all my emails and bookmarks and contacts from as far back as 1998.

I surely do hope Seamonkey or equivalent will outlive me!!!! Many other program I used to use (except maybe Designcad and Microsoft office 2010) has been improved to a state of total uselessness.

GCG

Post Posted May 23rd, 2016, 2:46 pm

Truly the very best (and only) integrated package that worth its salt on the internet! I am using SM 2.43 64-bit and it's absolutely excellent! Many thanks and Kudos to the SeaMonkey developers and maintainers. It's nice to have NETSCAPE functionality again! :mrgreen:

Frank Lion

Post Posted May 23rd, 2016, 3:20 pm

Rob_S wrote:I surely do hope Seamonkey or equivalent will outlive me!!!!

How old are you? :P
Metal Lion latest SeaMonkey & Thunderbird Themes - Sea Monkey and Silver Sea Monkey
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)

Rob_S

Post Posted May 25th, 2016, 1:32 pm

Frank Lion wrote:How old are you? :P

This has not much to do with it, what matters is my life expectancy, and having recently retired in very good health, that is a great question indeed.

Maybe even more importantly, will my money supply outlive me, hopefully by very little.....

LuvKomputrs

Post Posted June 7th, 2016, 3:20 pm

jwjones wrote:I just wanted to take a moment to thank the SeaMonkey devs for making it possible for me to continue browsing with a Mozilla browser.

I have been using Netscape/Mozilla browsers since the Netscape Navigator (heck, even Mosaic!) days, but I have been unhappy with FF since v.29 and Australis. After trying pretty much every viable browser that's out there, and being disappointed, I had almost settled on using Pale Moon. And then it occurred to me that I had never given SeaMonkey a fair assessment, perhaps because I saw it as fundamentally "Firefox with a suite of other tools."

I'm glad I gave it another chance. This is exactly the browser I want to use, with control over the things I want control over, not a dumbed-down Chrome clone. As a bonus, I can run it on my Mac, Linux, and OpenBSD systems.

Now, if you also get Sync fixed, everything will be perfect! :mrgreen:

Very Well said! :D
I too love this EXCELLENT browser! :mrgreen:

4td8s

Post Posted June 21st, 2016, 8:23 am

I like Seamonkey as well; as long as I have uBlock Origin, NoScript and Flashblock addons installed for SM.

Frank Lion

Post Posted June 21st, 2016, 2:46 pm

4td8s wrote:I like Seamonkey as well; as long as I have uBlock Origin, NoScript and Flashblock addons installed for SM.

Thanks for letting us know.
Metal Lion latest SeaMonkey & Thunderbird Themes - Sea Monkey and Silver Sea Monkey
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)

Return to SeaMonkey General