Thank you to SeaMonkey devs

Discussion of general topics about Seamonkey
jwjones

Thank you to SeaMonkey devs

Post by jwjones »

I just wanted to take a moment to thank the SeaMonkey devs for making it possible for me to continue browsing with a Mozilla browser.

I have been using Netscape/Mozilla browsers since the Netscape Navigator (heck, even Mosaic!) days, but I have been unhappy with FF since v.29 and Australis. After trying pretty much every viable browser that's out there, and being disappointed, I had almost settled on using Pale Moon. And then it occurred to me that I had never given SeaMonkey a fair assessment, perhaps because I saw it as fundamentally "Firefox with a suite of other tools."

I'm glad I gave it another chance. This is exactly the browser I want to use, with control over the things I want control over, not a dumbed-down Chrome clone. As a bonus, I can run it on my Mac, Linux, and OpenBSD systems.

Now, if you also get Sync fixed, everything will be perfect! :mrgreen:
Peter Creasey

Re: Thank you to SeaMonkey devs

Post by Peter Creasey »

Well said! I agree with your accolades for the developers. SeaMonkey is much appreciated.

. . . . . Pete
. . . . . . . . . . Pete
Joe1962

Post by Joe1962 »

Indeed, I "third" that...
I have been a SeaMonkey user since before 1.0, used Mozilla before that, but switched to Opera for a while before "returning" to SeaMonkey.
SM (usually latest stable) on Linux Mint 19 x86_64.
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

And I fourth it!!

I started with netscape, then ???, then beonex, then seamonkey, and by migrating my profile over numerous differetn computers, I still have all my emails and bookmarks and contacts from as far back as 1998.

I surely do hope Seamonkey or equivalent will outlive me!!!! Many other program I used to use (except maybe Designcad and Microsoft office 2010) has been improved to a state of total uselessness.
GCG

Post by GCG »

Truly the very best (and only) integrated package that worth its salt on the internet! I am using SM 2.43 64-bit and it's absolutely excellent! Many thanks and Kudos to the SeaMonkey developers and maintainers. It's nice to have NETSCAPE functionality again! :mrgreen:
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Rob_S wrote:I surely do hope Seamonkey or equivalent will outlive me!!!!
How old are you? :P
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

Frank Lion wrote: How old are you? :P
This has not much to do with it, what matters is my life expectancy, and having recently retired in very good health, that is a great question indeed.

Maybe even more importantly, will my money supply outlive me, hopefully by very little.....
LuvKomputrs

Post by LuvKomputrs »

jwjones wrote:I just wanted to take a moment to thank the SeaMonkey devs for making it possible for me to continue browsing with a Mozilla browser.

I have been using Netscape/Mozilla browsers since the Netscape Navigator (heck, even Mosaic!) days, but I have been unhappy with FF since v.29 and Australis. After trying pretty much every viable browser that's out there, and being disappointed, I had almost settled on using Pale Moon. And then it occurred to me that I had never given SeaMonkey a fair assessment, perhaps because I saw it as fundamentally "Firefox with a suite of other tools."

I'm glad I gave it another chance. This is exactly the browser I want to use, with control over the things I want control over, not a dumbed-down Chrome clone. As a bonus, I can run it on my Mac, Linux, and OpenBSD systems.

Now, if you also get Sync fixed, everything will be perfect! :mrgreen:
Very Well said! :D
I too love this EXCELLENT browser! :mrgreen:
4td8s

Post by 4td8s »

I like Seamonkey as well; as long as I have uBlock Origin, NoScript and Flashblock addons installed for SM.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

4td8s wrote:I like Seamonkey as well; as long as I have uBlock Origin, NoScript and Flashblock addons installed for SM.
Thanks for letting us know.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)