Addon Page and SeaMonkey

Discussion of general topics about Seamonkey
droneriot

Addon Page and SeaMonkey

Post by droneriot »

So I have noticed a lot of extensions and tons of "Complete Themes" with this message:
This add-on is not compatible with your version of SeaMonkey because of the following:

You need to be using Firefox 10.0 or higher.
under the install box. I've used the Addon Converter to get around this, but can anyone tell me why this happens or what's happening?
James

Re: Addon Page and SeaMonkey

Post by James »

Are you in the desktop Firefox section or the SeaMonkey section of addons.mozilla.org hosting site. The Extensions and complete Themes made for desktop Firefox are only for Firefox unless the author made a version for SeaMonkey also.

https://addons.mozilla.org/seamonkey/
therube

Post by therube »

If you're AMO Browsing for SeaMonkey...

(The new AMO layout sucks [even worse then before], IMHO, hard on the eyes & terrible layout. [Maybe its just the newness? Not.] I seem, I think, to be able to get around "its" issues, but its still a PITA.)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
droneriot

Post by droneriot »

James, I am in the Seamonkey section of the addons site. An example of an addon is Lightning, which AFAIK should work in Seamonkey.

Oddly enough, some of the addons that didn't install now install.
Weird. Maybe this is just a fluke.