add on prompts

Discussion of general topics about Seamonkey
mpdooley

add on prompts

Post by mpdooley »

Even considering the future of SeaMonkey may be in doubt...............would still suggest that at some point the add-ons alerts be revisited.

In my current configurations I routinely get prompts to update certain add-ons. Not a problem....actually welcome the reminder. But I only need one reminder at a time. Earlier today was filling out a web form for a 3rd party source. In the middle of that process - SeaMonkey took me from that page to one of 4 add-on windows that loaded to remind me that there were updates available. Additionally, each Browser window had a popup window or message balloon load reminding me of the same basic information.

Can this be funneled into a process that triggers only one alert........either in the browser window as a popup reminder or a new window - or even both......but only in one window or balloon?

Really not sure this should be considered a feature request or a bug. Likely responds as the designers or coders intended and not something I necessarily would want to turn off altogether.

Just suggesting that a better option for users might be fewer alerts at any given time than the present system.

HTH
---SM2 - recent interations..........where Users with large bookmark files no longer get - SeaMonkey (Not Responding)....a welcome fix indeed!!!
Anonymosity

Re: add on prompts

Post by Anonymosity »

You could turn off the automatic notices and check for updates once a day. That is what I do. I get a list of items that have been updated in the "Updates" panel if any have been updated.
therube

Re: add on prompts

Post by therube »

I'm pretty sure there is an existing FF bug on that issue.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript