Ctrl-Shift-T opens remote desktop instead of closed tab?

Discussion of general topics about Seamonkey
macamba

Ctrl-Shift-T opens remote desktop instead of closed tab?

Post by macamba »

I recently experimented with Remote Desktop. Now when I close a tab, and want to reopen it (hence Ctrl-Shift-T) the Remote Desktop URL is opened. That is not what I want and was expecting. Is there something I can do so my last tab is opened, instead of the Remote Desktop URL?

TPR75

Re: Ctrl-Shift-T opens remote desktop instead of closed tab?

Post by TPR75 »

macamba wrote:I recently experimented with Remote Desktop. Now when I close a tab, and want to reopen it (hence Ctrl-Shift-T) the Remote Desktop URL is opened. That is not what I want and was expecting. Is there something I can do so my last tab is opened, instead of the Remote Desktop URL?
In SeaMonkey choose to save RDP file instead of opening it:

To switch (if necessary) RDP file from SM to Terminal Services (or what's its name in English):
(while in Windows Explorer or other file manager) click RMB on RDP file -> choose "Open with" -> and then choose something from MS for Remote Desktop (remember to tick mark for "always us default application").
--
macamba

Post by macamba »

Almost. But no luck. SeaMonkey now tries to save the RemoteDesktop each time I Ctrl-Shift-T. Is there something in the About:Dialog where I can change this behaviour.
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

Does this occur in SeaMonkey Safe Mode?
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

macamba wrote:Almost. But no luck. SeaMonkey now tries to save the RemoteDesktop each time I Ctrl-Shift-T. Is there something in the About:Dialog where I can change this behaviour.
Strange thing. When I tried to open RDP file with SeaMonkey browser then I saw plain text (content of RDP file) only. No action, no entry for Helper Application settings.

Do you have some extension or plugin related to terminal services (remote desktop)? Like it was mentioned by user barbaz try Safe Mode or new profile.
--
macamba

Post by macamba »

barbaz wrote:Does this occur in SeaMonkey Safe Mode?
Yes. Sad to say, but yes ](*,)

TPR75 wrote:Strange thing. When I tried to open RDP file with SeaMonkey browser then I saw plain text (content of RDP file) only. No action, no entry for Helper Application settings.

Do you have some extension or plugin related to terminal services (remote desktop)? Like it was mentioned by user barbaz try Safe Mode or new profile.
No. AFAIR I started Remote Desktop from Windows (search for Remote Desktop under Windows 10) (mstsc.exe). My browser was started. I think I saved the link to my desktop so I can start it by clicking on it. When I click it my browser the window mentioned in my first post is still started. I have the choice to open it with 'Remote Desktop Connection (default)'. Choosing that starts the connection.
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

macamba wrote:
TPR75 wrote:Strange thing. When I tried to open RDP file with SeaMonkey browser then I saw plain text (content of RDP file) only. No action, no entry for Helper Application settings.

No. AFAIR I started Remote Desktop from Windows (search for Remote Desktop under Windows 10) (mstsc.exe). My browser was started. I think I saved the link to my desktop so I can start it by clicking on it. When I click it my browser the window mentioned in my first post is still started. I have the choice to open it with 'Remote Desktop Connection (default)'. Choosing that starts the connection.
How about you will tell SeaMonkey to forget RDP? Yell at it if you must... or just edit "mimeTypes.rdf" in your profile (close SM and make copy of this RDF file). Search anything related to RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) and remove it.
--
macamba

Post by macamba »

TPR75 wrote:How about you will tell SeaMonkey to forget RDP? Yell at it if you must... or just edit "mimeTypes.rdf" in your profile (close SM and make copy of this RDF file). Search anything related to RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) and remove it.
As suggested, I yelled at it. But it did not listen. However after editing the mimeTypes.rdf my SeaMonkey reconsidered its behaviour and changed it for the better. Thanks for your answer.
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

macamba wrote:As suggested, I yelled at it. But it did not listen. However after editing the mimeTypes.rdf my SeaMonkey reconsidered its behaviour and changed it for the better. Thanks for your answer.
This way or another it will obey...

:wink:
--