Vault Shortcut - extension to open LastPass in diff. browser

Discussion of general topics about Seamonkey
isaacschemm

Vault Shortcut - extension to open LastPass in diff. browser

Post by isaacschemm »

Since LastPass has just ended maintenance of their old-fashioned Firefox extension (version 3.x) that worked in SeaMonkey (and Pale Moon), I've decided to make a workaround.
The extension Vault Shortcut adds a button to the toolbar that opens the LastPass Vault in another installed browser - the default is Chrome, and Firefox, Vivaldi, and IE are also preset options. From there you can copy the usernames and passwords to the clipboard and paste them into SeaMonkey.

P.S. Is this the best place to post a SeaMonkey extension? I don't know if SM users would check the Extension/Theme Releases board, and AMO's review queue is so long that one of my other extensions has been in there for two months and still hasn't been approved or denied.
cuppettcj

Re: Vault Shortcut - extension to open LastPass in diff. bro

Post by cuppettcj »

I'm still using LastPass extension 3.3.4. It appears to still work as of today. What will happen with this eventually? Will it stop working for me at some point? Will it become unsafe for me to use?
isaacschemm

Post by isaacschemm »

cuppettcj wrote:I'm still using LastPass extension 3.3.4. It appears to still work as of today. What will happen with this eventually? Will it stop working for me at some point? Will it become unsafe for me to use?
I don't know if it will stop working even for a long time. But they said it won't get updates anymore, even for security vulnerabilities.
https://blog.lastpass.com/2017/03/plans ... d-on.html/
cuppettcj

Post by cuppettcj »

Thanks for the link to that LastPass post. I was afraid this would come eventually. I will continue to use LastPass 3.x extension as long as that works. After that I will try yours and see how well that works. I think it may become more and more inconvenient to use SeaMonkey as my browser of choice as more extension developers abandon XUL for WebExtensions.