Weather Sidebar

Discussion of general topics about Seamonkey
isaacschemm

Weather Sidebar

Post by isaacschemm »

https://www.lakora.us/weather/

Here's a weather sidebar for SeaMonkey using the Dark Sky API. Feel free to try it out, and if you start getting error messages like "Could not load data from the proxy" make sure to post here. Also let me know if you have any suggestions.

There's no way to enter a city name or zip code (I'd probably have to find another API if I wanted to do that), but you can manually enter coordinates or just let it use the geolocation API in the browser.
therube

Re: Weather Sidebar

Post by therube »

How do you go about adding it to the sidebar?
Oh, read the following line on the screen before asking - "Add to sidebar" ;-).

From the "main screen" (on the website), sometimes hitting 'Refresh' will generate the "Could not load data from the proxy" message.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
isaacschemm

Post by isaacschemm »

therube wrote:How do you go about adding it to the sidebar?
Oh, read the following line on the screen before asking - "Add to sidebar" ;-).

From the "main screen" (on the website), sometimes hitting 'Refresh' will generate the "Could not load data from the proxy" message.
Maybe it's just a network error. If you look in Browser Console (Ctrl+Shift+J) it should print out the error for you.

Ignore any proxy.ashx ones, that's just for local development on my end.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Settings don't seem to survive on restart. Apart from that, good job.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)