Any issues with SM 2.49.1?

Discussion of general topics about Seamonkey
Peter Creasey

Any issues with SM 2.49.1?

Post by Peter Creasey »

Is there any reason to wait for the next version of SeaMonkey to upgrade? Or is 2.49.1 a worthy upgrade?

Thanks!
. . . . . . . . . . Pete
Frank Lion

Re: Any issues with SM 2.49.1?

Post by Frank Lion »

Peter Creasey wrote:Is there any reason to wait for the next version of SeaMonkey to upgrade? Or is 2.49.1 a worthy upgrade?

Thanks!
It's fine.

The extension, SeaFox, needs a couple of adjustments on that version, but apart from that, all good.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
frg

Post by frg »

composer has broken link and image composition but otherwise no major issues came up so far.
Peter Creasey

Post by Peter Creasey »

frg wrote:composer has broken link and image composition but otherwise no major issues came up so far.
Thanks, guys, for responding.

f, I use Composer all the time. Mainly composing by copy/pasting text and jpg images into new or existing Composer files.

Can you please explain what "broken link and image composition" means exactly? How might I be impacted?
. . . . . . . . . . Pete
frg

Post by frg »

Then you might want to wait for 2.49.2

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=3035255
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

frg wrote:Then you might want to wait for 2.49.2

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=3035255
Is that going to fix the message compose window so that it is not necessary to have messageQuotes.css in messenger in a theme?
Peter Creasey

Post by Peter Creasey »

frg wrote:Then you might want to wait for 2.49.2
f, thank you very much...you likely have saved me a HUGE headache.

Is the bug definitely slated to be fixed in 2.49.2?
. . . . . . . . . . Pete
frg

Post by frg »

> Is the bug definitely slated to be fixed in 2.49.2?

Yes. I checked it in Monday. Current Tinderbox builds should already have it. And sorry for breaking it in the first place. When I removed the function I overlooked its use in Composer.

FRG
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

I just tried 2.49.2esr, and one still needs messageQuotes.css added into a theme to make the message composer work properly.
Peter Creasey

Post by Peter Creasey »

Anonymosity wrote:I just tried 2.49.2esr, and one still needs messageQuotes.css added into a theme to make the message composer work properly.
A, thanks!

So, are you saying the upcoming version will also not work properly for inserting text and images into new and existing Composer files?
. . . . . . . . . . Pete
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Peter Creasey wrote:
Anonymosity wrote:I just tried 2.49.2esr, and one still needs messageQuotes.css added into a theme to make the message composer work properly.
A, thanks!

So, are you saying the upcoming version will also not work properly for inserting text and images into new and existing Composer files?
Nope, it's something that relates to the Email Compose Message side. Does not affect you.

Most, but not all, Complete Themes attempt to replace the default theme. This has the disadvantage that when new files are added to the default program, then they must also be added to that theme, i.e. something that happens every 2 weeks in Firefox and once a decade in SeaMonkey.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)