Can't get my email

Discussion of general topics about Seamonkey
rdoc29

Can't get my email

Post by rdoc29 »

All of a sudden I can't get my email in SeaMonkey and I have tried everything. The message I got was incorrect password and I am sure I was putting in the correct one that I have use for years. I have gotten in for years with no problem and all of a sudden I can't get it and to my knowledge I have changed nothing. My email is gmail.com. I am now completely confused after changing the password about ten times and that didn't let me download any emails into SeaMonkey. I am not sure if I was changing the right password but I changed the gmail password? Is that the password that I should change? If so it didn't work? I even set up a two step verification. I did everything for hours with gmail and none of it allowed me to get my mail at SeaMonkey. Can someone give me some type of help here since I changed the gmail password for at least 15 times and that didn't work. However I can get my email at gmail.com with no pro0blem. Is there a SeaMonkey setting or Password that I should or need to change? I must be doing something wrong? I also did all the security settings in google.
hardys

Re: Can't get my email

Post by hardys »

Have you tried to allow less secure apps?
https://support.google.com/a/answer/6260879?hl=en
isaacschemm

Post by isaacschemm »

You could also try changing the authentication method for the account (in Account Settings) to OAuth2. That's how I have it set up and it seems to work.
rdoc29

Post by rdoc29 »

isaac do I find the account settings in SeaMonkey or gmail? Thanks. Please be specific, thanks again.
rdoc29

Post by rdoc29 »

hardys this seems quite involved but I will try to make sense out of it. Thanks for your help.
rdoc29

Post by rdoc29 »

hardys this seems quite involved but I will try to make sense out of it. Thanks for your help.
isaacschemm

Post by isaacschemm »

rdoc29 wrote:isaac do I find the account settings in SeaMonkey or gmail? Thanks. Please be specific, thanks again.
In SeaMonkey Mail - go to Edit > Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings, then select your gmail account from the left-side pane.
At least, that's how it is on Windows.