Problem accessing force.com (possible profile issue)

Discussion of general topics about Seamonkey
raj_bhaskar

Problem accessing force.com (possible profile issue)

Post by raj_bhaskar »

Hi, since upgrading to 2.53.1 I've just today tried to go to a support site for some corporate software, hosted on force.com, but when I login, I'm presented with a blank screen. This used to work fine with 2.49.5.

I've checked the error console and can't see anything obvious for the site there. I thought it might be to do with one of my extensions, but retrying in safe mode didn't help. However, what did help was trying a new profile. So I think that the issue must be to do with my profile, but I don't know how to go about debugging it further. I've checked Data Manager and there are no permissions set for that site.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks, Raj.
Anonymosity

Re: Problem accessing force.com (possible profile issue)

Post by Anonymosity »

It might be a setting. If you first record what you had changed in about:config, then try resetting them and testing, you might find a setting that caused a problem. Once you find the problem, you can put back all the other settings.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

raj_bhaskar wrote:So I think that the issue must be to do with my profile, but I don't know how to go about debugging it further.
Even after safemode, extensions cannot be fully discounted as they may have change a setting. Also, check the other bits that Safemode does. - http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode

What do you do? - into old profile and bring up about:profiles. Go to 'this is profile in use' bit and then Root Directory > Open Folder and then close SM.

Rename the prefs.js file you find there to prefsONE.js. Do not delete any file or you'll be in a world of pain. Now restart SM and a new, minimum, prefs.js will be autocreated.

If that site is no better, then probably transferring minimum good stuff from old to new profile is the route (somewhat tiresome). If better, then it all gets easier. Either way, just report back with your findings and we'll take it from there.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
therube

Post by therube »

Compare prefs.js between the two Profiles & see if something stands out.

I'm presented with a blank screen
Is it actually "blank" or just displaying that way?
What does (context-menu) View Page Source show?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
raj_bhaskar

Post by raj_bhaskar »

Hi all, I guess they were doing stuff at their end, because I just tried again (in my normal profile, with extensions on) and it worked this time! Thanks for your help anyway.

Stay safe, everyone!

Raj.