New version of 'Tab clicking options'?

Discussion of general topics about Seamonkey
raj_bhaskar

New version of 'Tab clicking options'?

Post by raj_bhaskar »

Hi all, I've used the extension 'Tab Clicking Options' for years to let me open a new, blank tab by middle-clicking the tabbar and to duplicate a tab by double-clicking on it. But with 2.53.1, I've noticed that duplicating a tab doesn't work any more. It opens a new tab, but doesn't actually copy the contents of the one you want to duplicate.

Looking at the code, it looks like it fails when trying to copy the history of the existing tab:

Code: Select all

NS_ERROR_FAILURE: Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsISHistoryInternal.addEntry]
In TCO, I traced the code and found a loop that was cloning each entry in the history. I tried commenting that out that loop, but then it fails on actually loading the duplicated tab:

try
      {
        webNav.gotoIndex(originalHistory.index);
      }
      catch(e) {
        window.setTimeout('tabClicking.openedBrowser.webNavigation.gotoIndex('+originalHistory.index+')', 0);
      }
Error in the console:

NS_ERROR_FAILURE: Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIWebNavigation.gotoIndex]
I'm guessing there's a removed/changed API, but I don't know enough about SM's internals to replace/fix it. Any suggestions?
Anonymosity

Re: New version of 'Tab clicking options'?

Post by Anonymosity »

To open a new tab, you can use Ctrl-t on the keyboard.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

raj_bhaskar wrote:But with 2.53.1, I've noticed that duplicating a tab doesn't work any more. It opens a new tab, but doesn't actually copy the contents of the one you want to duplicate.
Middle click (or Ctrl + left click) the Reload button.

That duplicates the page with full Back history. I also use a bookmarklet to duplicate a page, but that has no History with it.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
raj_bhaskar

Post by raj_bhaskar »

That's brilliant, thank you :D! I didn't know about that feature (is it new to 2.53, or has it been there a while?).
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

raj_bhaskar wrote:
That's brilliant, thank you :D! I didn't know about that feature (is it new to 2.53, or has it been there a while?).
It's been in Firefox and SM for ages, but it's a very odd 'hotkey' option/feature and very few people know about it. :)
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)