SeaMonkey 2.53.3 has been released !!

Discussion of general topics about Seamonkey
ElTxolo

SeaMonkey 2.53.3 has been released !!

Post by ElTxolo »

How to Ask Questions The Smart Way - How to Report Bugs Effectively ;)
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240318 SeaMonkey/2.53.18.2
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240416 SeaMonkey/2.53.19 :lildevil:

~
DanRaisch

Re: SeaMonkey 2.53.3 has been released !!

Post by DanRaisch »

Be sure to see the red text warning in the release notes:
This version of SeaMonkey makes changes to your profile that can't be reverted in the case where you want to go back to an earlier version. You MUST absolutely do a full backup of your profile before using this application.
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

In case someone wants previous "look" of Browser window with no additional tabs:

Code: Select all

browser.tabs.autoHide
This preference is now "FALSE" as default so user must switch it to "TRUE" to keep "old look".

Hey, devs! Thanks for your volunteer work. You're doing great... 8-)
--
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

For settings that I do not want to be changed, I copy those to my user.js file to preserve them.
WaltS48

Post by WaltS48 »

TPR75 wrote:In case someone wants previous "look" of Browser window with no additional tabs:

browser.tabs.autoHide
This preference is now "FALSE" as default so user must switch it to "TRUE" to keep "old look".

Hey, devs! Thanks for your volunteer work. You're doing great... 8-)
Doesn't that do the same thing as Edit > Preferences > Browser > Tabbed Browsing and enabling "Hide the tab bar when only one tab is open"?

How about some steps to get to

browser.tabs.autoHide
if you are going to suggest that method.
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

WaltS48 wrote:Doesn't that do the same thing as Edit > Preferences > Browser > Tabbed Browsing and enabling "Hide the tab bar when only one tab is open"?
Well yes, indeed it does! I thought it was some new pref - I didn't assumed it can be changed without user's action.

For many years there were no problems with it so I forgot to check every setting after update.
--
therube

Post by therube »

:-).
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Buzzrr

Post by Buzzrr »

DanRaisch wrote:Be sure to see the red text warning in the release notes:
This version of SeaMonkey makes changes to your profile that can't be reverted in the case where you want to go back to an earlier version. You MUST absolutely do a full backup of your profile before using this application.
The release note scares me aware from this version! I have all of my important passwords set into this older browser. When I went over to version 2.49 I ended up with corrupted data from a previous version.
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

Buzzrr wrote:
DanRaisch wrote:Be sure to see the red text warning in the release notes:
The release note scares me aware from this version! I have all of my important passwords set into this older browser. When I went over to version 2.49 I ended up with corrupted data from a previous version.
Why did you stop reading Release Notes on red letters?
Important only if you upgrade from 2.49.5 or an earlier version: Due to changes in the user profile, if you have set a master password, you will have to remove it before upgrading to SeaMonkey 2.53.3. After a successful upgrade, don't forget to manually remove the files key3.db and cert8.db in your profile afterwards, as they include credentials and passwords no longer protected by a master password. You can find the path to your profile folder entering the special about:support URL in a SeaMonkey browser window.
You can remove your master password by providing an empty password in the "Change Master Password" dialog. Do not use the "Reset Password" function. You will lose all stored passwords this way.
You can keep your saved/stored passwords but you must do something by yourself... :-"
--